How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
How very magnanimous of you.

Unfortunately even during a pandemic people are lying to push their political ideology.

People trust TV journalism less than politicians, which is a weird state of affairs but one the journalists have brought onto themselves.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What about what about what about. Guido has put some bullshit up to draw your attention away from what's really important and damaging to his political allies and you've gone for it.

Yup. Deflection. That's what's been going on for so long, and is a time-honoured strategy from Conservatives. But, without wanting to point the finger solely at them, the left need to get their act together, and unite behind a coherent policy framework for the years -- or, better, decade(s), even a generation -- ahead.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They’ll also be wondering why, after months of this, all the nice little businesses have gone bust and they can only drink in chain pubs or buy stuff from Amazon and why prices have gone up and wages have gone down.

It’s bizarre how so many people are unable to look forward and see the big problems that are coming if we remain in status quo.

It will be really interesting to see how those same people respond in a few weeks when relaxation plans start to come in to play and the government will essentially be going against what they are currently arguing .

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think he gets pretty good coverage for his investment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation

That's a different debate. But you said:

Unfortunately plenty of Billionaires donate to The Guardian, such as Bill Gates, so don't trust them either.

...... putting The Guardian in the same bracket as The Telegraph and The Times who are owned by highly political billionaire owners who set the political agenda for their paper. If you are saying that Bill Gates gets favourable coverage - that looks different to me.

(anyway trust all is well with you, and this does not go on too long)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Those sensationalist 'facts' about the nurse are ****ing ridiculous.

Union steward - OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS IN A TRADE UNION ****ING COMMUNIST
Attended Corbyn rallies - OH MY GOD SOMEONE ATTENDED A RALLY HELD BY THE LEADER OF THE SECOND MOST POPULAR POLITICAL PARTY IN THE COUNTRY
Sack Hancock - WHAT?
Called for Action against the government - OH MY GOD SHE WANTS SOMETHING DONE ABOUT LACK OF PPE WHAT A BITCH

Tend to agree, there seems to be a big difference between being a political activist and being someone who expresses an opinion unless the people printing it have their own agenda, which obviously they do.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s bizarre how so many people are unable to look forward and see the big problems that are coming if we remain in status quo.

It will be really interesting to see how those same people respond in a few weeks when relaxation plans start to come in to play and the government will essentially be going against what they are currently arguing .

Wait till it starts affecting them directly with job cuts etc.

Too many people are enjoying being furloughed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately even during a pandemic people are lying to push their political ideology.

People trust TV journalism less than politicians, which is a weird state of affairs but one the journalists have brought onto themselves.

Politcal ideology? Did anyone say Corbyn or any of leader would have done it better? The present government must be held to account and questioned.

Anything else and we are living in a dictatorship.
I am not a Labour member, nor did I vote Labour.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Politcal ideology? Did anyone say Corbyn or any of leader would have done it better? The present government must be held to account and questioned.

Anything else and we are living in a dictatorship.
I am not a Labour member, nor did I vote Labour.

You’re missing the point.

Say you were an apolitical journalist working for Panorama who discovered that there was a PPE shortage in hospitals. It’d be a valid story for the programme.

If you had any nous, you’d see this could potentially be depicted in certain quarters as a “lefty Beeb attacks government” story. So you’d do a preemptive strike. If the problem is widespread, you’d have many potential interviewees. You could easily find a few NHS Tory voters who, faced with a dangerous lack of PPE, could be interviewed. You don’t have to announce their politics onscreen, but if others set out to discredit your story, finding this out would be like hitting a brick wall. They might try other ways to discredit the story, but not that way.

But here the BBC just interviewed people active in the Labour party. It’s like they rang them up and said, hey lads, fancy a chance to put the boot into Boris and co?

It left them wide open. It was dishonest and downright stupid and it meant that, once discovered, that became the story. Guido didn’t even have to try.

The story was lost because the BBC acted like student activists rather than journalists. They pissed that story away.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Say you were an apolitical journalist working for Panorama who discovered that there was a PPE shortage in hospitals. It’d be a valid story for the programme.

If you had any nous, you’d see this could potentially be depicted in certain quarters as a “lefty Beeb attacks government” story. So you’d do a preemptive strike. If the problem is widespread, you’d have many potential interviewees. You could easily find a few NHS Tory voters who, faced with a dangerous lack of PPE, could be interviewed. You don’t have to announce their politics onscreen, but if others set out to discredit your story, finding this out would be like hitting a brick wall. They might try other ways to discredit the story, but not that way.

But here the BBC just interviewed people active in the Labour party. It’s like they rang them up and said, hey lads, fancy a chance to put the boot into Boris and co?

It left them wide open. It was dishonest and downright stupid and it meant that, once discovered, that became the story. Guido didn’t even have to try.

The story was lost because the BBC acted like student activists rather than journalists. They pissed that story away.

Interesting the way The Sun, The Mail, The Express and the Telegraph have all followed Guido's lead?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It's not lost - it's still a current and valid story. The Army have now taken over logistics of PPE sourcing for the NHS because there is not enough

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I doubt it would be easy to find a Tory voter amongst the NHS workforce. I know quite a few that work in the hospitals and doctors' surgeries.
Maybe Guido can find a few to interview? Who knows? Maybe he can find the person who knows the 'Sister' who works in a Leeds hospital that all the bots trotted out so rapidly when the child was on the floor.
That was well and truly discredited.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But here the BBC just interviewed people active in the Labour party.

That's a lie, it's not even what your mate Guido has said. Are you actually paying attention or are you hearing a bit of what you want to hear and then extrapolating?

Out of interest, does your opinion on these matters stretch to other areas? Would you discount lawyers claiming the Government has broken the law because they once said Keir Starmer had a nice suit on?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1255534288625381379[/TWEET]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I doubt it would be easy to find a Tory voter amongst the NHS workforce. I know quite a few that work in the hospitals and doctors' surgeries.
Maybe Guido can find a few to interview? Who knows? Maybe he can find the person who knows the 'Sister' who works in a Leeds hospital that all the bots trotted out so rapidly when the child was on the floor.
That was well and truly discredited.

Yesterday, staff nurses at St Thomas hospital (where Johnson was treated) demonstrated outside the hospital. I wonder why none of the papers or news outlets reported this?

[tweet]1255127450822066176[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yesterday, staff nurses at St Thomas hospital (where Johnson was treated) demonstrated outside the hospital. I wonder why none of the papers or news outlets reported this?

i note the complaint appears to be they want better, non-disposable PPE. hopefuly indicates they have adequate supply of disposable PPE.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i note the complaint appears to be they want better, non-disposable PPE. hopefuly indicates they have adequate supply of disposable PPE.

Trumpesque attempt at deflection, have a long hard look at yourself and be ashamed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports