How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It makes me wonder whether they were facts. Activists like this like to lie.

Remember that nurse that was an activist and made that Twitter post saying her daughter was crying as her hospital had no PPE? That was a lie. They had PPE.

We know PPE is lacking all over Europe and the Tories (or should it be well-paid NHS procurement managers?) could well have done a lot more. But shows like this just muddy the water.

Every single one a Labour activist ? ? ? I mean, FFS, that's ridiculous. No wonder people don't trust the media.

Wow, some people really will blindly cheerlead for the Government over literally anything, won't they?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Wow, some people really will blindly cheerlead for the Government over literally anything, won't they?

Are you for real? In this very thread I've been saying that I'm vehemently against the government's lockdown and that it'll tank the economy. How the hell is that cheerleading for the government? I didn't vote Tory last time and I won't next time.

But that doesn't mean that the BBC can just pump out propaganda and pretend it's news.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Remember that nurse that was an activist and made that Twitter post saying her daughter was crying as her hospital had no PPE? That was a lie. They had PPE.

We know PPE is lacking all over Europe and the Tories (or should it be well-paid NHS procurement managers?) could well have done a lot more. But shows like this just muddy the water.

Every single one a Labour activist ? ? ? I mean, FFS, that's ridiculous. No wonder people don't trust the media.

Don’t be so easily bought.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you for real? In this very thread I've been saying that I'm vehemently against the government's lockdown and that it'll tank the economy. How the hell is that cheerleading for the government? I didn't vote Tory last time and I won't next time.

But that doesn't mean that the BBC can just pump out propaganda and pretend it's news.

Claiming to oppose the Government by positioning yourself on the same side as the Daily Telegraph isn't exactly highly convincing.

I mean you cite Guido Fawkes FFS. Alarm bells should have been ringing then.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Over 120k people died as a result of the measures that had to be implemented as a result of the last recession. The one that’s coming if the lockdown is extended is going to dwarf that. At what point do you make a decision on which problem is going to kill the most people?

Anyway looks like government are going with reducing the impact of recession and will take the hit on covid as things start to open up again in May.

And is there a source for your stats??? (a reliable one that is!)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

There really ought to be healthy scepticism towards the media, especially the press (as the current thread on The Express exposes). But, unfortunately for you, the public by and large do trust the BBC, and this is despite the fact that there's been a hostile campaign against it for decades.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

The dumb pinko leftie, was sat at home with her child whining on social media, when everyone knows, she should have headed in early to work, grabbed a crowbar and gone round the car parks jemmying open containers to check that there was enough PPE for the day. I then want proof that she was coughed on by at least three infected expiring weaklings, before I accept that this was not some leftie conspiracy to embarrass the government.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

A very Trumpian attitude. Something doesn’t adhere to your views of how the world should be? Dismiss it as a conspiracy between the media and the left.

Unfortunately what happens while you’re playing out your “poor us, the oppressed right” fantasies , is that people die.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Indeed ..

A group of German doctors have posed naked in an attempt to draw attention to shortages of protective clothing and equipment.

Calling their protest Blanke Bedenken, or Naked Qualms, members of the group said they felt at risk from coronavirus and claimed their calls for help over several months had gone unheeded....

A recent study by an association of German health insurers found that doctors were lacking more than 100m single-use masks, almost 50m filter masks, more than 60m single-use aprons, and a similar number of disposable gloves.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/german-doctors-pose-naked-in-protest-at-ppe-shortages

Obviously, if panorama had presented a vaguely positive programme about the government and it had been established numerous contributors were Tory activists everyone would have been fine with that :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Economy versus lives? Hmmm.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And is there a source for your stats??? (a reliable one that is!)

Oh there you are again, didn’t see your reply to me posting evidence yesterday and the challenge over calling me a ‘nutter’ both breaching NSC engagement rules and highlighting your inability to calmly argue against anyone who presents any challenge to your mainstream programming. What I stated was bleeding obvious but here is the evidence you crave.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....austerity-behind-130000-deaths-uk-ippr-report

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Economy versus lives? Hmmm.

Think Government are choosing the economy. See the subtle new change to the relaxation guidelines. I’m glad that it appears someone is prepared to make the tough decisions required to avert long term disaster.

99FD34FC-E23E-4C2A-8B31-C7CEFED6D5DF.jpeg

9F34DAD8-962C-4C3C-B1C4-1D8B2E9FD6E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think Government are choosing the economy. See the subtle new change to the relaxation guidelines. I’m glad that it appears someone is prepared to make the tough decisions required of real leadership and long term strategic thinking.

View attachment 122909

View attachment 122908

The BA news will have rocked them massively.

12K jobs - there are already more job loses than deaths now if you take the 1/4 of small business closing as fact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8265143/How-people-REALLY-caught-COVID-19-UK-London.html

"Preliminary death rates emerging in studies around the world suggest that anywhere between 4.2million and 33million people in the UK may have been infected with the coronavirus and recovered already"

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The BA news will have rocked them massively.

12K jobs - there are already more job loses than deaths now if you take the 1/4 of small business closing as fact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8265143/How-people-REALLY-caught-COVID-19-UK-London.html

"Preliminary death rates emerging in studies around the world suggest that anywhere between 4.2million and 33million people in the UK may have been infected with the coronavirus and recovered already"

Really interesting article and confirms if correct that the death rate from the controlled environment of the cruise ship was in the right territory for what would happen in wider society without misrepresented stats.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Seems every single interviewee on Panorama was a Labour activists.

https://order-order.com/2020/04/28/panoramas-ppe-investigation-party-political-broadcast/

Honestly! The BBC don't seem to do themselves any favours, do they? Why do stuff like this? At the very least, they must know they're going to get found out.

Salt of the earth these people.
It really was a party Political Broadcast for Momentum.
https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1255199996900769792?s=21
Do the BBC not do due diligence on these shills?
Glad I’ve cancelled My license direct debit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Really interesting article and confirms if correct that the death rate from the controlled environment of the cruise ship was in the right territory for what would happen in wider society without misrepresented stats.

An IFR of 0.8% would likely result in ~400,000 directly attributable deaths, not taking into account the likely failure of the health service generally, resulting in many more, plus the considerable suffering of considerably more, all in the matter of few months.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems a few on here seems very unhappy about fact based journalism, many without even watching the programme concerned, they have already made up their mind based on tribalism.

Who is government ordered that PPE standards should be dropped for Covid?

It does that they have tried to hide behind Science throughout to cover failings they knew would emerge....

What's the alternative Fox News UK hosted by Julia Hartley-Brewer

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
An IFR of 0.8% would likely result in ~400,000 directly attributable deaths, not taking into account the likely failure of the health service generally, resulting in many more, plus the considerable suffering of considerably more, all in the matter of few months.

Which is why we entered lock down and social distancing. To protect the NHS and flatten the curve. That number would also assume every single person in the country caught the disease which isn’t realistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports