How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a shame that so many people are straining to criticise the NHS and, through them, the government without even trying to understand the issues they are faced with.

The NHS are doing an incredible job with the resources and the manpower they have available and the incredible spirit of the staff. However, the sad fatalities of NHS staff might well have been caused by shortages of PPE which breaches Health and Safety guidelines for acceptable protection for front line staff, this will come out later if the government are unable to bury it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I can’t believe the moronic insensitivity of people happy for people to be locked up and suffer finically and mentally if they don’t have to.....

I understand people have to go back to work at some point, probably quite soon, but it was the insensitive tone of your OP that I objected to. You might have well said ‘why don’t the vulnerable just **** off and die so I can get back to work”...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I understand people have to go back to work at some point, probably quite soon, but it was the insensitive tone of your OP that I objected to. You might have well said ‘why don’t the vulnerable just **** off and die so I can get back to work”...

If I meant I wanted them to **** off and die I would have said that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yup, I'm no fan of Johnson but he is, without doubt, an outstanding communicator.

If it's insinuation or half-truth that you're after, yes. Dealing with facts - not so good.

I think the mid-March 'crisis, what crisis' stage (13 March - 23 March) actually demonstrated a glaring weakness of his in communicating unpopular messages clearly.

Unless he was trying to get people killed.

This one was particularly bad on Friday 20 March. His inability to be clear here cost lives. Note that the lockdown brief on Monday 23rd was pre-recorded, presumably so there was no chance of him softening/mixing the nessage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ALXzoTe-M0

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

He didn’t say that at all. Almost the opposite in fact.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I think in the next couple of days, Boris really needs to start laying out the plans for the winding down of the lockdown. If Belgium can do it, where they’ve had it worse than us, then surely we can.

I appreciate that he’s been off sick, but the government probably should have started talking about it last week. It does feel like we’ve been left in limbo in more ways than one.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The UK government have been two steps behind the rest of the world in every aspect of the crisis from acknowledging it, realising the severity, lockdown, PPE and now plans to come out of lockdown.

I appreciate the PM has been ill, although questions have to be asked why he was the only western leader to have that happen to him and why he wasn't kept out the way more, but there should have been a more defined transfer of power when he was out of action.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He didn’t say that at all. Almost the opposite in fact.

I know Specsavers have been closed for a while, so maybe my prescription had changed, but I could have sworn he said "why can't these people isolate", as he wants to get back to work and normality. Clearly we are an inconvenience to him. His tone was neither understanding or placating. - so I rest by my inference, and my perception of his...

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
6BA69666-CCC2-4F27-90BA-45F28FFDF56E.jpeg

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Glad to see Boris will be back tomorrow. I think the government continue to have an unenviable job where whatever they choose will have some negative consequences. I hope they will get balance right, but I expect some decisions will not be perfect and will need to be adjusted as evidence increases.

One thing this crisis has made me realise is that a certain section of the population (not so much on here) are determined to detest the government whatever happens. I've now given up listening to the more extreme end of that spectrum - it's much more pleasant to no longer see the ongoing hate, though I do realise I'm creating a slight bubble now I've cut that part of the population off from my social media.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know Specsavers have been closed for a while, so maybe my prescription had changed, but I could have sworn he said "why can't these people isolate", as he wants to get back to work and normality. Clearly we are an inconvenience to him. His tone was neither understanding or placating. - so I rest by my inference, and my perception of his...

Well, whatever way you interpret his post, I would imagine the vulnerable will be in lockdown longer than those who aren’t vulnerable. And I think that’s the right move. Whether they’ll adhere to that is a different matter.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It seems that the media are reporting the 'Conservative Party donors' are pressurising the government for a relaxation in the lockdown. This worries me and looks like a possible case of 'he who pays the piper, calls the tune'. I trust the government will continue to 'listen to the science' before succumbing to listening to the men with deep pockets.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Good grief as in you may be talking out of your clacker valve..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t create it but I thought it was a pretty good parody of the Jeremiah’s who think questioning the lockdown is a form of genocide, but each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports