How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Can vouch for this as a close family member works for central NHS and this is a problem.

It's a shame that so many people are straining to criticise the NHS and, through them, the government without even trying to understand the issues they are faced with.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's a shame that so many people are straining to criticise the NHS and, through them, the government without even trying to understand the issues they are faced with.

Doesn't help that all kinds of companies are buying up supplies of PPE to try and sell into the NHS. I've seen IT resellers who normally sell laptops etc, now claiming they have access to suitable PPE for the NHS frontline. If these opportunistic companies weren't buying up the stuff and inventory was left for existing suppliers to the NHS that would probably have helped.

But I have no idea how you control that

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I saw something on BBC news channel about this.

Usually the NHS has a trusted list of suppliers who have been vetted and proved they're selling legit equipment. When this kicked off the NHS had about 8000 offers to sell them PPE which was too much for them to cope with as they have to do the checking process, he said that amongst the good offers are a lot of opportunistic companies trying to sell counterfeit PPE.

Some of the legit companies went to the press to say they were being ignored without understanding the system had been overwhelmed

comments elsewhere suggest one of the companies in the Guardian article was nothing more than a reseller, dont have any stock here, its factory abroad but not reported as that. there's been a lot of this played out in media, companies maybe well meaning, maybe not, talking up their business. theres established NHS procurement to go through, companies attempt to call the minister or department or health then and find things dont go smoothly. problem is partly of their own making suggesting to industry to go direct.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The media like to think of themselves as the people holding power to account.

I think when the dust settles, they’ll be the power that are held to account. The conduct of a lot of journalists has been a disgrace in the past few weeks.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I think when the dust settles, they’ll be the power that are held to account. The conduct of a lot of journalists has been a disgrace in the past few weeks.

I'd love this to be true, but don't think it will ever happen. The tabloid press, and even the broadsheets now, completely ignored Leveson.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the MOS trial with Meghan Markle, hopefully they'll be exposed for the hate campaign against her.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd love this to be true, but don't think it will ever happen. The tabloid press, and even the broadsheets now, completely ignored Leveson.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the MOS trial with Meghan Markle, hopefully they'll be exposed for the hate campaign against her.

The government bottled it on Leveson, they didn't see it through to its proper conclusion. Just too many mates to upset.

TV news & current affairs in the UK has been doing a pretty decent job. You only have to look across the pond to see what happens when you don't have proper regulation, tribal warfare and an absence of trust

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I have to say that I think the standard of Journalism, particularly political journalism has been declining steadily over the last few years.

They seem unprepared to put in the work, are incapable of learning facts or detail, have given up on any investigative work as too complicated, and now simply spew forth popularist, shallow sound bites to appeal to the lowest common denominator to get their audiences/advertising/clicks. I don't know where they could have got that idea from.

Still, don't they say we get the journalists we deserve ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great. So "the science" = Cummings.

No one could be surprised.

well not really, though probably what you're supposed to conclude. the story tells us is he was at a meeting same day as government announced the lockdown, the policy that scientists support.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

well not really, though probably what you're supposed to conclude. the story tells us is he was at a meeting same day as government announced the lockdown, the policy that scientists support.

It said they had been at meetings, plural, and also involved in forming advice

Do you think they should have been?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Who is criticising the NHS? Certainly not me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I suspect the news of how and when lockdown may begin to be eased will be combined with the return of Johnson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports