How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yep, this. Populist leaders not doing well so far in this crisis. Trump even worse. Ironically the ones who seem to have handled it best have been the Chinese![/QUOTE]

Was this the same Chinese who silenced the doctor who first brought the existence of this virus to public attention, and hoped to hush it all up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Stirring speech, Could anyone see Crusty corbyn giving the same
Regards
DF

Can't you just f*** off for 12 weeks with your pathetic needy whining. You are obviously incapable of adding anything to any thread on here, while we have adults trying to discuss serious matters :tosser:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not getting into this as I think we have all had enough, stop trying to point the finger, because it boils down to animal instinct and survival, you should be old enough to understand that and make your own judgement.

Mass survival counts a zillion more times than just trying to stick one on Boris and the tories to point score.

Good night.

And to add another mixed message, there now seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether the 1.5m at-risk group are allowed in their own garden or not.

Whilst we’re on the subject of clarity...can you confirm exactly which leg it is you are standing on please?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

This is part of his exact speech

That is why people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
one form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household;
any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.

The last sentence is not ambiguous. You can travel to or from work if you absolutely need to. Really simple for people to understand. There's not many who still have their workplace open so no need to go to it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
i am. it does all look a bit "after the lord mayors show"

You can say that again. Why has there been such a delay in rolling out PPE and tests? The lack of preparation has been appalling. They knew this was coming. This was Matt Hancock TWO MONTHS ago:

20200323_231626.jpg

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The WFH and travel to work situation has been handled very badly this evening. BJ delivered a clear message that was quickly backtracked on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The information wasn’t clear. Here’s a selection of mixed messages from him.

1) Herd immunity is the way forward. Until the next day when this vat-shit mental idea is ditched.
2) Don’t go to pubs. But Boris doesn’t close pubs.
3) Don’t visit your mum on mother’s day...then let’s slip he will visit his mum.
4) Boris says he’s guided by science....in fact he repeatedly states this. Then states the “tide will turn” in 12 weeks. Goes silent when asked about the science behind this statement.

I could go on.

He’s a clown.
I agree with you on points 1, 3, and 4. Re the pubs etc, I think it was a reasonable idea to give the public the benefit of the doubt that we'd be capable of drastically reducing our visits to the pub, but allowing the businesses to function at a basic level. The public weren't able to do that, so the pubs had to be closed.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The doctor on the news tonight overseeing all those deaths in 1 hospital, tired, almost crying but not enough equipment for them or patients.
And we had all that notice.
Hancock is hopeless, Gove totally cocked it up this morning, Johnson just reads an autocue.
But it doesn't surprise me with this shower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports