Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What is making political gain about calling out the obvious failings and telling Johnson and co to get there finger out and stop all the blundering.
I have only seen 1 opposition minister being interviewed each day on TV. I have seen no political gain.
What is worse, calling them out or constant lies, dodging questions and generally failing while people are dying.
Oh, I forgot, it's your precious Tories.

Shouldn`t we all be behind the Government.
The Prime Minister has corona virus, the whole world is after PPE and Testing kits.
Is it really surprising that there is a shortage.
I`m sure as much as can be is being produced and circulated.

Sadly many more will die. Everyone must do what little we can to help and pray it ends soon.

Do you honestly believe Corbyn would have done better ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When this terrible time is over and We have got through this as a nation, I think those that have attempted to make political gain out of this most dreadful of situations will never be forgiven, in My opinion they are the modern day Lord Haw Haw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are a blinkered fool.

Calling out the government's mistakes - mistakes that have cost people's LIVES - initiating the herd immunity plan (then pretending they hadn't), closing the schools two weeks too late - is not 'seeking to make political gain. It is seeking to change those decisions TO SAVE LIVES.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We shouldn't just support the government because of the situation. They must be questioned, especially if questionable decisions are made because of ideology/politics.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All of a sudden Johnson is saying testing is the way forward to beat this thing. Why the f**k has it taken until now? The WHO have been saying this for months but were ignored. Now Johnson is acting like this is a new revelation?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Corrected for you. And anyway, what's the point of world science, when we've got Great British science? :jester:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We shouldn't just support the government because of the situation. They must be questioned, especially if questionable decisions are made because of ideology/politics.

For the first time, this government is being subjected to scrutiny, having received the freest of free passes from most of the media during its first six months, and sidelining the rest of it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ffs he hasnt got the virus! It's another lie the fat privaliged oaf

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Well, he would have had an open goal. All he needed to say was 'We have a problem getting hold of PPE and testing kits because of the last 10 years of cuts. We're doing our very best and will let you know when the stuff arrives' And he would have published the Russia report.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Prime Minister has corona virus, the whole world is after PPE and Testing kits.

Sadly many more will die. Everyone must do what little we can to help and pray it ends soon.

It’s more to do with the delay. Germany has been operating at around 350,000 tests a week for weeks now. It’s utterly scandalous you are nowhere near this, you had the same notice. And even more scandalous you are not testing health workers. Not only scandalous and a dereliction of duty but utterly baffling.

No testing of health workers, absolute minimal testing of the population and no contact tracing and testing. Why?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyone must do what little we can to help and pray it ends soon.

This seems to be the government’s strategy, do little and pray.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Ah the old what would Corbyn have done, I don't care he is not Prime Minister, so it's neither here nor there is it, but I would hope that he would have totally owned it, just like Gordon Brown totally owned the financial crisis and bank bail outs.
Regarding the PPE and test kits, do you not watch the news, and they are not 2 bob hacks either.
Of course it is right to call the Government out if they are ballsing it up, and they are.
Even the Tory press is slating them today on these very subjects.
Would you rather we just carry on believing the crap whilst people are dying or call them out to hurry up and do the right thing.
3 weeks ago I gave Churchill Johnson 8/10 in difficult circumstances, but as we were warned, he can't do details, he bluffs, lies and blusters his way through life and now in the most unfortunate of circumstances this is turning out to be true.
Just when we don't need it.
But the wages package is generous and tricky to sort out, the 1,000,000 trying to get UC must also be difficult to work on, but I will not praise him any further until I get my first payment, my accountant applied ages ago and has not heard a thing back, yet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When this terrible time is over and We have got through this as a nation, I think those that have attempted to make political gain out of this most dreadful of situations will never be forgiven, in My opinion they are the modern day Lord Haw Haw.

I think you will find that your man Johnson, is a far better example of making political capital out of a situation, any situation.

I'm starting to feel for Matt Hancock now, he did work his nuts off in the early days of this crisis and was taking on far more than just the Health Secretaries brief, now after six days off having tested positive for Covid-19 and first day back, he gets thrown to the sharks to defend the governments crap record on testing while Johnson hides.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You are a blinkered fool.

Calling out the government's mistakes - mistakes that have cost people's LIVES - initiating the herd immunity plan (then pretending they hadn't), closing the schools two weeks too late - is not 'seeking to make political gain. It is seeking to change those decisions TO SAVE LIVES.

#Bekind

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ffs he hasnt got the virus! It's another lie the fat privaliged oaf

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I don’t think he’s lying. But, and this is a huge but, it is mightily convenient as it gives him a perfect excuse to go running just like he has in the past when tough decisions have to be made.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What is making political gain about calling out the obvious failings and telling Johnson and co to get there finger out and stop all the blundering.
I have only seen 1 opposition minister being interviewed each day on TV. I have seen no political gain.
What is worse, calling them out or constant lies, dodging questions and generally failing while people are dying.
Oh, I forgot, it's your precious Tories.

I’m no Tory, just trying to get behind our elected representatives in these most trying of times, I remain convinced that the Government is following to the letter the advice and recommendations of the brilliant minds of the medical people at their disposal. It is not about Labour or Tory it is about coming together as one to defeat this horrendous virus.
As I stated earlier, I will forgive no one who enters into a willy waving contest in order to make political gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here