Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you rate the new website out of 10?

NEW WEBSITE OUT OF 10

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After giving it time for my knee jerk (horror) reaction to die down I voted today and gave the new site a very generous 1

I used to visit the OS every day but not any more I'm afraid - too many problems.

The one comment I would make is that I would have been impressed if the club acknowledged the problems and made a statement along the lines that they are "actively seeking solutions" even if it isnt their direct responsibility. Total silence on the issue is not exactly showing fans the respect they merit.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The one comment I would make is that I would have been impressed if the club acknowledged the problems and made a statement along the lines that they are "actively seeking solutions" even if it isnt their direct responsibility. Total silence on the issue is not exactly showing fans the respect they merit.

Paul Barber did acknowledge the mixed reactions in his programme notes and reading the tone the club dont like it either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tried to use it yesterday while debating the country of original for our entire squad with my son. Dreadful! The old website wasn't great but at least it worked after a fashion. This new one didn't even work.

Not sure I'll ever use it as a first choice for info ever again.

I agree, it's definitely a backwards step. It used to have match reports on the fixtures tabs, going back to 2000 including the tables after each match. Now it only goes back for 4 years, and the match reports are non existent except for the very latest games. Check out the match report for the Chelsea friendly, it's in Latin!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I was first able to get it, after about a week as it wouldn't load at the beginning, I thought it was ok.

However, now I hate it, its slow you get taken to random places, I use to like the "league table after a match" option so you could instantly see where we were after a certain game in the season. Some links don't work at all, such as the "match tickets selling dates".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Paul Barber did acknowledge the mixed reactions in his programme notes and reading the tone the club dont like it either.

Thanks to the FL we are going to be stuck with it until the current deal runs out in 2017.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
A second week has passed faced with the new system, but the voting shows no gain in popularity.

75% votes of less than 5 out of 10, with 30% not able to bring themselves to give more than a big round zero!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Ah fair enough.

The Middlesboro match programme is currently in the privy and I'm working my way through it from the back. By the time I get to the "official" bits from Barber and Gus it's usually just coming up to the next home game :lolol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I can only assume that anyone who has given it a mark of 6 or more has only recently discovered the internet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah fair enough.

The Middlesboro match programme is currently in the privy and I'm working my way through it from the back. By the time I get to the "official" bits from Barber and Gus it's usually just coming up to the next home game :lolol:

Those Paul Barber programme notes - Middlesborough, 19/10/12

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Still can't read it. Everything packed in to the middle of the opening screen and too small to read it. Don't bother going there now,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Still can't read it. Everything packed in to the middle of the opening screen and too small to read it. Don't bother going there now,

Finding my visits less and less too,have given it a chance to win me over

BUT

-I OFFICIALLLY HATE IT-

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Same and won't load anything on the PC. Trying to listen to matches on iphone through Seagull Player the screen wouldn't stay still and before you ask how do you get Seagull Player on an iPhone you need the Puffin app.
Looks like listening to matches in bed during the middle of the night here in Australia is going to be a thing of the past.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
just deleted the website from my favourites as it is terrible.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Keep opening it up. All I can see is big pics advertising tickets/offers (no use to season ticket holders). Can't see much else of interest. Close it again.

Would quite like to see that Charlie Oatway vid they showed at the Boro game, with sound you can actually hear. Maybe that will appear on SeagullsPlayer eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here