Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you pronounce VICENTE?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If he was Italian, yes.

But the Spanish pronounce the letter V as a soft B. And the letter C in this context is a soft sounding th, often very difficult to replicate to a native English speaker.

So the closest is, as the Large One and Turienzo's Lovechild have said, is bee-then-tay.

Just always how I've heard it pronounced :shrug: I have no Spainsh speaking skills whatsoever so will bow to all your greater knowledge!

How about we settle on Vince?

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
We could just call him Rodriguez :) would save the pissed attempted pronunciations down the pub after a game!

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
You need to try and say the V sound with your lips together unlike when we (English) say (V)ictory we place our bottom teeth on our top lip the Spansih pronounce V and B the same with their lips together ................it's not easy though and I'm sure Vicente will be happy with 20,000+ supporters singing his name no matter how we pronounce it!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Vin-chen tay !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Although maybe we're all being smart arses and have got this completely wrong. I see from wikipedia he was a Valencia supporter as a boy, which might suggest he is Valencian.

They speak Valencian (basically, Catalan) in Valencia. How do you pronounce Vicente in Valencian?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And i'be veen calling them Valencia all these years:facepalm:

good point! who said theres no "v" sound? Deportivo? Villareal? should be Deportibo and Billareal? Ive never heard anyone (including my Spanish, Barca fan work college) mention Billa or Albes.

Rodriguez is a better plan. or Rodders. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here