Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you PIMP your baked spud?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
On the back of this - just eaten ours. Olive Oil and Salt rubbed in (generous amounts) - in the oven for 40 mins, higher for another 10, and nice and crisp. Eaten with supermarket coleslaw (apologies to the purists) and smoked salmon.

Very passable.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Brush with olive oil and SEA salt. Pierce with a fork, five minutes in microwwave then bake.

The oil and salt combine to make the skin extra crispy.

Fill with chilli con carne, cheese, beans or coleslaw.

Sleep in a separate room from the wife, or get tent pegs for the duvet.

This about does it for me. Prawns in mary rose sauce Or just a jacket instead of spuds.

Tried the rubbing with olive oil and applying sea salt with my spuds at tea time. Also microwave for 5', oven for 45' and they came out a treat. NSC cookbook perhaps?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I am glad I am not the only Bacon Beano. I need to show this thread to my wife as she (and the mother in law) think I am mental for putting bacon within the baked beans. Theyare both veggie so just don't really understand. Although, the Bacon Beano with Quorn Chicken addition isn't too bad on the odd occasion

Tried bacon beano for the first time tonight. Christ its good

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I didn't say it was shop bought did I?

Carrot, white and red cabbage, red onion small amount of coriander, tablespoon of mayo and a sprinkling of paprika ought to do the trick.

Loosen the mayo with a little cider vinegar and a splash of olive oil (or make your own mayo to spec if feeling fancy) and a tiny sprinkle of toasted caraway seeds instead of this paprika malarkey and you're there.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
That sounds good.

It is :)

Loosen the mayo with a little cider vinegar and a splash of olive oil (or make your own mayo to spec if feeling fancy) and a tiny sprinkle of toasted caraway seeds instead of this paprika malarkey and you're there.

True about the cider vinegar and caraway seeds but can't see past some nice smoky, bordering on spicy, paprika to make it sparkle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here