Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about Albion’s January transfers?

How do you feel about Albion’s January transfer business

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Happy with the transfer window myself, Sold a few and bought a few with a few contracts extended. Not quite sure who we were supposed to sign as 1st team ready this window?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You may not see the same dedicated Bissouma he knows he’s off to bigger and better things in 16 games time.

I see it differently, he needs to play over and above to get the best move possible if that is his intention. An indifferent 16 odd games could off put potential suitors from the top echelon of clubs

Jimmy Grimble

I’m OK with the ins and outs.

I’m less OK with the lack of contract extensions for key players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Voted underwhelmed but also accept that Uncle Tony's model is get cheap players in and hope to sell them on eventually. Doubt we'll be signing a marquee player for the next few years.

Also understand the thinking behind not doing loans in but sometimes wished we'd loan in good players that are out of favour at Big6 clubs. The logical part of my brain knows we couldn't afford their wages but doesn't stop me wanting it to happen.

The transfer approach is more than just cheap players / Mwepu, Maupay, Cucurella, Webster, were all £10m + or more and went straight into the first team, and getting value out of veterans like Lallana , Veltman and Welbeck is another . And Moder, Mac Allister, and Koslowski weren’t necessarily cheap either but buying teenagers is always a punt.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
it could be worse. We could be Norwich who have a sniff at staying up and have backed this up by signing

absolutely nobody

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Such a simplistic view, and completely untrue.

We've continued with the strategy that has taken us from the Championship to 9th in the Premier League. Long may it continue.

We signed a striker, who we loaned straight out again, an empty box gift wrapped?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Knockaert, Murray (2nd Time) and Lamptey were all Winter window signings.

The Murray fact here is a little bit wrong... Whilst we 'signed' him permanently in January - we had him on a season long loan since the summer before, and he'd already scored 15 goals in the Championship for us by the turn of the year, so it wasn't exactly a gamble to sign him on a perm contract in the January window...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Naylor now peddling some guff about selling Burn being a "feel good" sale for a 3rd/4th choice centre back, like we don't play 3 at the back on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Voted other - More than happy with how things have gone and the direction of travel. Fans talk of Europe is premature, when the club objective is to establish the team as a Top 10 side.

I hope for Dan Burn's sake that his move is more successful than the Duffy Celtic episode, but you never know. We probably don't require both, if we are going to make some opportunities for some of the younger players coming through. The sales of Walton and Longman show that our player development is heading in the right direction and the recruits look like really good prospects.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Knockaert, Murray (2nd Time) and Lamptey were all Winter window signings.

Macaliister and Moder were recalled during them.

We've done some decent business over the years.

I said that I never expect anything from them, not that there haven't been some signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here