Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you deal with blatant xenophobia/racism from "friends" on social media?

D

Deleted member 22389

It would be nice if we could just spend one week on NSC without people being called xenophobic, racist. At least understand, admit there are many things going on inside this religion that many people in Western society feel is culturally unaceptable.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Point out to him that he has become as low as everything he thinks he hates.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Reply to his rants with links to cute cat videos and movie gossip. You know, what Facebook is actually for.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It would be nice if we could just spend one week on NSC without people being called xenophobic, racist. At least understand, admit there are many things going on inside this religion that many people in Western society feel is culturally unaceptable.

Point out to him that he has become as low as everything he thinks he hates.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.

1-0 to the dingodan.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've often wondered that do people like the OP mate or people that are equally as trappy at the other end of the political spectrum think I know what I'll post my opinions because I'm sure folk are desperate to hear them? Do they think someone will read it and think actually I was wrong I'm going to change my own opinion? Do those people exist?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Maybe you could engage him in a reasoned debate like a normal person? Or you could go all uber liberal and call him a nazi, just so you can feel down with the kids.

If someone thinks it is OK to broadcast those views, in that way, on a public platform, I think 'reasoned debate' has already been taken off the table!

It is clear that he's been reading too much made up b*llocks (as officially designated by Wikipedia) and his little mind can't cope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here