Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we turn away draws into wins?

I've been analysing this for some considerable time and have concluded that in every away game we need to score more goals than the opposition do. That should mean we win.

I'm contemplating applying to be Hughton's strategic adviser.

Sssshhh will you, this is far too complex an approach; surely the OP needs to initiate a(nother) poll at the very least?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Score another goal.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've been analysing this for some considerable time and have concluded that in every away game we need to score more goals than the opposition do. That should mean we win.

I'm contemplating applying to be Hughton's strategic adviser.

No we don't we need to let in less, FFS

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
23 of those coupled with 23 home wins would see us promoted probably as champions on 92 points.

Indeed it probably would. But that wasn't the question posed - which was how do we covert away draws into wins.

If we end the season on 92 pts, I'll be a very happy bunny.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We scored more goals than Burnley, and the same as Boro, last season, so scoring isn't a problem. We need to concede less goals.
As was said, we let two, two goal leads slip away to draws last year, which cost us.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Last season was not a failure - it was a success. Our away form specifically was not the main issue. In the end it was our performances against other top 6 sides. I would take 89 points now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last season we seemed to be trying the latter with limited success.
Last season when the chips were down, we started winning our away games. We won 4 in a row before drawing with Middlesbrough. We knew that draws weren't good enough and we went for it.

That's what I think we should do now. If we're being outplayed, a draw is not a bad result, but if we're playing well we should go for it. Maybe we'll lose a match or two as a result, but if we also win a few, we're quids in.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think Chris Hughton is God, and I worship his input to BHA. I also know he has more footy knowledge and know how than I could muster if I lived to be a thousand. But I do so very much wish he'd stop taking off a forward, and adding a midfielder when we are a goal up and only halfway through the second half. I'd prefer he bought a forward on and took a midfielder off if he needs to tinker.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
More attacking options. Once we get our defenders back from injury we are solid there. Upfront we lack depth to change things around. Hopefully we can sign a proper little striker with pace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We scored more goals than Burnley, and the same as Boro, last season, so scoring isn't a problem. We need to concede less goals.
As was said, we let two, two goal leads slip away to draws last year, which cost us.

All true esp the last bit, but once again - not all goals are the same.

Battering 8 unnecessary goals past a piss poor Fulham, QPR & Charlton and a further 6 unnecessary goals by Leeds and Bristol City in 2 mighty fine purple patches, skews those goals scored figures by a massive 14.

Boro scored 9 goals less than the Albion, I think it's safe to say they profited from quality over quantity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funding the team to the tune of a £15m a season loss isn't showing ambition?

How much do we have to lose a season to make you happy? £30m? £40m? $50m? and with no guarantee it will make any difference

I know you must be fishing

He's a troll.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All true esp the last bit, but once again - not all goals are the same.

Battering 8 unnecessary goals past a piss poor Fulham, QPR & Charlton and a further 6 unnecessary goals by Leeds and Bristol City in 2 mighty fine purple patches, skews those goals scored figures by a massive 14.

Boro scored 9 goals less than the Albion, I think it's safe to say they profited from quality over quantity.

Boro ended with the same number of points as us. Unfortunately we conceded more goals than them. If we had lost 2-0 to them at home in December, we would be in the Premier League now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh for heaven's sake - all these reasons why we didn't get promoted last season ......... because we didn't score a winner at X, because we conceded a late equaliser against Y, because Dunk/Stephens got sent off (and Barton didn't). That was last season! :facepalm: Why are we still arguing about it?

We didn't go up because we finished third, OK? - only by a whisker, but it was third, not second. And then we lost in the play-offs. End of.

PLEASE!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think Chris Hughton is God, and I worship his input to BHA. I also know he has more footy knowledge and know how than I could muster if I lived to be a thousand. But I do so very much wish he'd stop taking off a forward, and adding a midfielder when we are a goal up and only halfway through the second half. I'd prefer he bought a forward on and took a midfielder off if he needs to tinker.

Funnily enough, based on yesterday, I'd say he didn't make the change he made quick enough. He should've brought on the extra midfielder much earlier to allow us to control the game (I'd have started with 3 in midfield personally). It was only in the last 15 minutes, when we matched them in midfield, that we started looking like a team that could win the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here