Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do we replace BDB?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
BDB is good because of GP’s management, if he goes who knows if he’ll fit in or play as well.

Yes, very much so. BDB is a very wholehearted player, doing very well at the moment in a team/squad that is playing well. He has his limitations. It is clear that GP feels he is great given the way he has come out to support him in the past. Every player has his price and if BDB wants to go and our price is met he will go. We have a good few CB options. He is unlikely to be needed to play LWB again with Cuc. and SM in the squad.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Yes, very much so. BDB is a very wholehearted player, doing very well at the moment in a team/squad that is playing well. He has his limitations. It is clear that GP feels he is great given the way he has come out to support him in the past. Every player has his price and if BDB wants to go and our price is met he will go. We have a good few CB options. He is unlikely to be needed to play LWB again with Cuc. and SM in the squad.

I don’t disagree everyone has their price. Shame if he goes , really like his attitude and it’s paid off for him. Good honest pro. Good luck to him whatever he decides.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it possible to recall Clarke then do it, otherwise I see no real need for action and also think Roberts should go on a well needed loan regardless of what happens to BDB. If GP really felt that Roberts was ready for the PL we would have seen at least a little bit of him by now.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with the OP.

No need to buy anyone in. Have either

Dunk Webster

in a 2, or

Veltman Dunk Webster

in a 3.

I've not picked Duffy, but have every confidence he is good enough to compete for one of these spots.

Next season, we can decide on the Burn replacement out of Clarke, Van Hecke, Ostigard, Roberts etc

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
BDB is good because of GP’s management, if he goes who knows if he’ll fit in or play as well.

That’s a risk Newcastle have to take - Their problem, not ours.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Burn for Newcastle is simply a stop gap to try to stop them being relegated, he will then find himself sat at home next season sitting out his 18 month contract as Newcastle will have signed another 4 CBs with fancy names like Smithesco in the summer window.

Burn doesn't strike me as a player that doesn't mind not playing so I think he'll actually stay.

Unless TB needs a bit of loose change to play with.

To be fair BDB's agent would deserve instant dismissal if Dan signed a short 18 month contract at Newcastle. He should demand at least 3 years on big bucks.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Which is exactly as it should be. Players come and players go, that's part and parcel of football. As well as Dan Burn is currently playing, we'll be fine without him should he decide to move on.

If Newcastle wave £10m notes in our direction l can see the player being given the option to join them if he so chooses.

10m buys half of Dan Burn, and half is no good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Recall Cochrane from Hearts, I understand he’s been playing as a left sided CB at times.

Good young player…..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Recall Cochrane from Hearts, I understand he’s been playing as a left sided CB at times.

Good young player…..
Seems a shame (and yes, I know sentiment doesn't come into it, but .............). He's enjoying a good season at Hearts; they appear to like him - and the fans at least would rather like to keep him (if they can afford him).

If - and only if - we feel the need to recall someone, it would be the equally left sided Clarke, with two and a half year's Championship experience under his belt. He's playing regularly at WBA it's true, but by and large they don't seem too bothered about him one way or the other. With WBA going into meltdown and the whole fan base wanting the manager sacked, he'd probably be quite glad to come to us for 6 months and take a chance of getting a bit of PL game time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seems a shame (and yes, I know sentiment doesn't come into it, but .............). He's enjoying a good season at Hearts; they appear to like him - and the fans at least would rather like to keep him (if they can afford him).

If - and only if - we feel the need to recall someone, it would be the equally left sided Clarke, with two and a half year's Championship experience under his belt. He's playing regularly at WBA it's true, but by and large they don't seem too bothered about him one way or the other. With WBA going into meltdown and the whole fan base wanting the manager sacked, he'd probably be quite glad to come to us for 6 months and take a chance of getting a bit of PL game time.

Good call.

I think Clarke would struggle pace wise. I would hope Cochrane returns as a first team squad member next year if not before.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good call.

I think Clarke would struggle pace wise. I would hope Cochrane returns as a first team squad member next year if not before.

I thought Cochrane would be coming back eventually to be a LB for when we were playing a back four - we didn't have an out and out LB - BDB and Solly were WBs, but not bona fide LBs. That, of course, was before we signed Cucurella!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Cochrane would be coming back eventually to be a LB for when we were playing a back four - we didn't have an out and out LB - BDB and Solly were WBs, but not bona fide LBs. That, of course, was before we signed Cucurella!

Realistically, Cucurella is going places, hopefully with us, but if not elsewhere. Solly is good cover.

Cochrane has played LCB, LB and LWB, I think his versatility will be invaluable going forward,

However, if he doesn’t make it next season, that may well be it….

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Realistically, Cucurella is going places, hopefully with us, but if not elsewhere. Solly is good cover.

Cochrane has played LCB, LB and LWB, I think his versatility will be invaluable going forward,

However, if he doesn’t make it next season, that may well be it….

Chance to see Cochrane at Hearts tonight - ffull match v. Motherwell to be shown on BBC Alba (Virgin channel 161) at 10.55pm Sadly, you'll only get to see Cochrane after he gets subbed on after 87 minutes.

Think the commentary's in Gaelic anyway ....................................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very much this. Burn isn’t really a substantial loss. He’s only played so much this year due to a ridiculous year for injuries in our back line.

He will be a loss became when you get injuries he is a top notch man to come in.He strengthened our squad.

And he has been one of our best if not the very best player in the team of late… He’s has given some cracking performances recently

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here