Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How do negotiate a job offer salary?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good for you. best of luck !

make sure its all in writing! :rolleyes:

I wonder if your current boss will now be screwed as you'vce been doing 2 jobs . . . . he'll have to pay the going rate now or employ 2 cheap people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I got the job.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm literally shaking and properly beaming from ear to ear.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had a sneaky feeling they would offer me something but at a reduced rate hence why I posted this thread but they have offered £35k for 3 months rising to the full £38k thereafter.....

Thankyou all ever so much for contributing and helping. I'm completely made up and bouncing round the room.:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

I owe you all a pint now I can afford to when we are all back at The Amex.:drink::drink::drink:

Thankyou all and especially to [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] for helping directly over PM.

I'm off to get drunk

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Well done. Not being skint will be great for your wellbeing :smile:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Good for you. best of luck !

make sure its all in writing! :rolleyes:

I wonder if your current boss will now be screwed as you'vce been doing 2 jobs . . . . he'll have to pay the going rate now or employ 2 cheap people.

He's ****ed:D but he can be a complete and utter **** so I dont care. He's been taking the piss out of me and tagging me along for over 2 years with false promises.

Me and the wife have been saving hard for 10 years and have £50k in the bank for a house deposit but have been unable to buy a house because we couldn't get the Loan-to-value as our wages were so low.

This opportunity opens up so much for us as a family and I get to spend time at home with our two daughters now.

Literally buzzing and running away with head here.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I got the job.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm literally shaking and properly beaming from ear to ear.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had a sneaky feeling they would offer me something but at a reduced rate hence why I posted this thread but they have offered £35k for 3 months rising to the full £38k thereafter.....

Thankyou all ever so much for contributing and helping. I'm completely made up and bouncing round the room.:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

I owe you all a pint now I can afford to when we are all back at The Amex.:drink::drink::drink:

Thankyou all and especially to [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] for helping directly over PM.

I'm off to get drunk

Great news!

Glad to have been of some help.

Good luck in the new job!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This is one of the things you love to see - the great and good of NSC helping one of their own.

Great news [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION], sounds long overdue and well deserved!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I'm off to get drunk

Congratulations :drink::clap::clap::clap:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's ****ed:D but he can be a complete and utter **** so I dont care. He's been taking the piss out of me and tagging me along for over 2 years with false promises.

Me and the wife have been saving hard for 10 years and have £50k in the bank for a house deposit but have been unable to buy a house because we couldn't get the Loan-to-value as our wages were so low.

This opportunity opens up so much for us as a family and I get to spend time at home with our two daughters now.

Great. Well done.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Great News [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION]

Lovely to hear some positive news amidst all the gloom.

I didn't help at all, so won't be claiming a drink off you when we're all back at the Amex, but will raise a glass to your success tonight instead.

:drink:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Always great to hear of good news (especially on a Friday). Congratulations [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION]!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Well done, sounds like you deserve it. Great news and enjoy the beer.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

This story gets better with every episode.

Congratulations and well done. Whilst you might have been underpaid what you learned will be invaluable in your new role.

What a good place you and your family must be in tonight.

Next you’ll be asking us to find you a new place to live!!

(Your final few words are a little disturbing!)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm off to get drunk

Excellent news, and with the added benefit of your future employer being honest and professional throughout. I'll raise a glass to you :drink:

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm off to get drunk

Excellent I was just about to post, how are you getting on!

Great job Spongy, enjoy the adrenalin should last a little while.:clap2::clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news, well done

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

This is fantastic news. Well done brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here