Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do I stop neighbours cats from coming into my house?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Do what they do in Asia and build some of these!

trap.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Someone asked this a couple of years back so I suggested what my brothers did to a neighbours cat which came in the house, sprayed the curtains and terrorised our cat. They managed to catch it, put it in a bath of cold water then put mustard on its arse...the cat never came in the house again and if it saw either of them in the garden or street pretty much shat itself. It is said that an elephant never forgets...cats certainly don't either!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would have a word with the owners. They may be locking the cats out of the house all day so kindly ask them to install a catflap so the cats come in and out of their house and not yours.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
they don't like ammonium, so you could piss on your window sills and the ammonium will hang around?

one way that worked for my brother involved a can of spray and a lighter. It scared the cat away, but did burn it a bit and my brother still won't forgive himself 25 years later.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Thanks, although the only real suggestion from that I can try is a water pistol. I don't really want to spead paprika or lion shit over my carpets.

The cats are actually entering our house and hiding under the beds upstairs. They are welcome to use the garden as we have a communal garden.

Pepper on the door step, all cats, even your own if you have one, will stop at the door and sniff for territory marks. A cat gets a couple of sniffs and they soon get pissed off and don't come back. Worked for me anyway with next doors cat, mind you mine hardly comes back into the house via that door either anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mother has tried coleus canina plants that worked in the garden but they gotin over a wall so she bought a cat deterent from Wilkinsons that operates on batteries about £20

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Nothing will ever work. Electrify everything in the garden and listen for the sound of zzapping cats. Have a BBQ to dispose of the evidence (cats don't actually taste that bad). If you don't fancy that, grab the first one you get a chance to, take it to the back door and hurl the twatting thing over the nearest fence (main road on the other side is optional). We are always being told how clever the little shitting machines are, so it will land on its feet, think "f*** that" and never come back.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Send the missus to an aromatherapy party or Boots,get some tea-tree oil and sprinkle a bit where you think they are getting in.Smells ok for humans,but the furry little farquars hate it,guaranteed.:thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
catch it, keep it and wait for the poster to appear on the lamp posts stating "missing cat" then give it back and claim the reward. quids in.

alternatively, put up a poster like this (change it to "cat" though) :dog.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I fitted a new cat flap for the woman over the road.( Ooh er misses.)
The magnet is so strong her cat can't get in the house. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here