Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Richie Towell do

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
To be fair, other than Sidwell, Murphy and maybe Hemed, the rest of the side today have been without any sort of consistent game time this season (for RT, any game time at all). Given that, the fact he had any sort of decent game is encouraging and I certainly wouldn't judge him (or any of the players) on todays performance alone, which sounded pretty good on the radio to be fair.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Warren liked him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure it's fair to judge any player on one game. Duffy's first game was no more than average, yet he's been brilliant since. I thought Goldson wasn't on top form today, but we all know how good he can be (and will have to be next weekend).

Some nice touches from Richie, and gave himself a chance of future involvement. That's all he can ask, surely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So it seems he is the new 'Ashley Barnes Marmite'.

As said, I reckon he was excellent today.

Would seem, I thought he did well and covered loads of ground. Impossible to judge sensibly on one performance but it's a thumbs up from me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Let's be realistic, if we go up he probably won't get a proper chance at the Albion. I'm not even sure Goldson will.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he showed that the need to spend stupid money on a cover No 10 for SB for perhaps 20 mins at the end of game is not really a necessity. If he gets injured or suspended it perhaps becomes more urgent.so perhaps an older cheaper cover like Keane is the answer for this season. Offer him a 6 month contract with the chance of an extension and see how it goes.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thought Towell looked good today - understandably not quite up to 90 minutes and he did get a bad knock. Both full backs impressed and would fit in well were our regulars in need of a breather. Again they weren't quite up to 90 minutes (neither was Solly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Another very canny bit of business by the club. However, if we do bring in competition for Sam and the midfield stays injury free, he isn't going to get his chance.

Could see him doing well at Championship level - he's got bundles of energy, is creative and doesn't lack confidence.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He was ok...not up to premier league which he will need to be next season, but a reasonable championship player.....liked the fullback with the dreadlocks!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought Towell did quite well, liked Adekugbe very much, especially one cross he put on a plate for March, but Hunt looked very lightweight imo.

I thought that Adekugbe looked solid defensively, with one excellently-timed last-ditch tackle, but his distribution wasn't up to much, whereas Hunt was more-or-less the other way round. Good on the ball, the way he controlled that ball such that he was running on to it was impressive, he's fast too, but he was shown up defensively a few times. Probably needs to pump iron in the gym (which George Baldock has spent more time doing than Sam, when comparing their physiques).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's be realistic, if we go up he probably won't get a proper chance at the Albion. I'm not even sure Goldson will.

Hardly the time for comments like that! Yes, we all know that if we go up we will have to strengthen the team to some extent, so therefore some players playing for us this season will lose out. That's a fact of life. But it's not good for morale to pick out players half way through what is (hopefully) a promotion campaign and say, 'You won't be getting games next season'.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hardly the time for comments like that! Yes, we all know that if we go up we will have to strengthen the team to some extent, so therefore some players playing for us this season will lose out. That's a fact of life. But it's not good for morale to pick out players half way through what is (hopefully) a promotion campaign and say, 'You won't be getting games next season'.
Richie will be ok. He looks a decent player to me. He'll probably end up somewhere like Brentford. I've been following Albion for 30 years and this is probably the first season someone of his calibre probably isn't going to get a proper go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here