Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Jeremy Forestt get 5 and a half years and Stuart Hall only a year??

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Stuart hall got a total of 114 months for 18 offences (different sentences for each count), but the sentence for each is being served concurrently (at the same time), with longest for any one offence being 15months, none of them being for having sex with a child (it was mostly over the clothes fondling), with the last offence being 25 years ago, no evidence of offence since then when he claimed he became celibate. http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/?news_id=33371

Forestt got a total of 22 years (4.5 years for each) for five counts of sex offences to be served concurrently, plus one year for one count of abduction to be served consecutively after the others). His offences were considered worse because he is a teacher, in a position of authority over her, having occurred more recently with no reason to believe he would not re-offend if he were allowed to remain free. http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?news_id=33440

So Hall wasn't in the position of trust then? Parents trusted the vile man so he abused their trust did he not?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So Hall wasn't in the position of trust then? Parents trusted the vile man so he abused their trust did he not?

It's not my argument. I'm just paraphrasing/summarising what the judges said in their summaries, which is what the links are to.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did he get a softer sentence because he couldn't get a stiffy ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Probably controversially, sounds about right in both cases.

The Judge in the Hall case massively restricted by the fact the crimes took place under different sentencing regimes. Does he deserve more ? Yep... Hopefully they can squeeze a bit more, but there is only so far they can take it.

Have no sympathy for the teacher. He targeted a young girl at a vulnerable stage of her life in modern times. If nothing else he has made her the subject of the worlds media and you really don't need that at her age.

We've all been at school at that age. Girls get a crush on a teacher, as do boys.

Something happened at my school between a girl and a teacher. There was no evidence of anything physical going on, but what I do know is that it did them nothing else but harm. The teacher was probably involved in a relationship with another teacher as well.

All legal at the time I must add. The girl over age, but these things are bad enough at work let along school.

No sympathy I'm afraid. None at all.

If he honestly loved her (and we can't forget she was underage, albeit nearly not) he should have resigned. But of course, the position of power would have been removed from the relationship.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So if someone had committed murder in say 1965 but through modern techniques in DNA they were only traced and convicted now, would they be hanged because that was the punishment when the crime was committed?

Very good question. He (Forrest) was obviously in the wrong and deserved to be punished, but personally I think the sentence is excessive. And taking him to court in handcuffs! Did they think he was going to suddenly jump over a wall and ravish the nearest ten year old?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So if someone had committed murder in say 1965 but through modern techniques in DNA they were only traced and convicted now, would they be hanged because that was the punishment when the crime was committed?

You couldn't be hanged for murder in 1965

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks for the info Acker, a very interesting read.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You couldn't be hanged for murder in 1965

Picky. The last year in which people were hanged for murder in England was 1964.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Something in that link that amused me:

The public had by then expressed great dissatisfaction with the verdict in the case of Timothy Evans, who was tried and hanged in 1950 for murdering his baby daughter. It later transpired in 1953 that John Christie had strangled at least six women in the same house; he also confessed to killing Timothy's wife. If the jury in Evans's trial had known this, Evans would probably not have been found guilty

If they knew someone else had done all that murdering they "probably" wouldn't have found Evans guilty?! What sort of jury, knowing that a man is innocent, would find him guilty?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Stuart Hall went with a 9 year old plus others so why is Jeremy Forestt's sentence 5 times as big as Stuart Hall ??

Maybe it was the fact the the worst crime Stuart Hall was convicted of was touching a girl's breast, whereas Forrest admitted having sex with an underage girl loads of times.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting that the girl has now come out and said she'll wait for him. Her dad has said she'll walk her down the aisle but her mum has said she's now dead to me. I shall be interested to see how this goes in the next few years.

(Note I got all this from the papers so none of it may be true)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My thought was that the father was just supporting h's daughter, with the thought being if she is still in love with him in five years, after he has been in prison and when he comes out she still wants to marry him and he still wants to marry her, then perhaps it's not as sinister a relationship as it currently seems, and so he'll support her, but likely deep down he expects his daughter will meet someone new and outgrow her former teacher, and at the end of it she will appreciate her dad standing by her.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My thought was that the father was just supporting h's daughter, with the thought being if she is still in love with him in five years, after he has been in prison and when he comes out she still wants to marry him and he still wants to marry her, then perhaps it's not as sinister a relationship as it currently seems, and so he'll support her, but likely deep down he expects his daughter will meet someone new and outgrow her former teacher, and at the end of it she will appreciate her dad standing by her.

Knowing the family a little, I would imagine that your reasoning is sound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here