Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How COLD are you??

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Resorted to thermal leggings, which is very rare for me. But still need occasional bursts of heating during the day. But surviving relatively comfortably.

Building works and new windows throughout the house last summer help, and a new CH boiler in the autumn after the old one gave up after 30 plus years.

D

Deleted member 2719

Resorted to thermal leggings, which is very rare for me. But still need occasional bursts of heating during the day. But surviving relatively comfortably.

Building works and new windows throughout the house last summer help, and a new CH boiler in the autumn after the old one gave up after 30 plus years.

I can see you now Dave, looking goooooooood.

Attachments

• Tights.PNG
    Tights.PNG
    305.8 KB · Views: 151

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Freezing, sitting in my car at Maidstone hospital while wife has PET scan...

At home we have taken to wearing oversize fleece lined hoodies, they keep us warm in the afternoon, saves putting the heating on!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Usually have a month trekking every winter in the Nepal Himalaya sleeping in unheated bedrooms with wind whistling through the gaps in the wood. Down to -15C at night with frozen outside squat toilets. Sock washing is great fun.
Bought this £540 beauty this year to make it more luxurious but so far it's just had a night on the sofa for the 2020 US Election night and a few early starts for the Test in Chennai.

https://www.westernmountaineering.com/sleeping-bags/extremelite-series/versalite/

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Still recovering from the 21st century plague so heating has stayed on throughout the day. For a 60 year old bloke, I can be such a girl at times:facepalm:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
0 degrees here in Rustington.

Cons: I’m bloody freezing.

Pros: the bottles of Coca-Cola in the pantry are nicely chilled.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why is it so cold indoors? Nothing has changed in our house but it seems colder than ever before.
We have friends in Nebraska who are at -16c and two feet of snow but get up every day and go to work. No worries. Meanwhile an email from a customer in Aussie land with blue sky and warm temperatures.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nice and warm here with the good old log burner blazing.
Living yards from the sea, we had a heck of a gale last night. Thought the roof was going to blow off.::ohmy:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have been getting out for additional walks because I always feel much warmer when I've got moving. Sitting at home is unpleasant at the moment but I'm looking forward to the warmer weather in March and April.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I never drink before 6, unless I'm at a game. Iron discipline. Iron. Fact.

After 6, though? ??? :whistle:

I have the same policy but I vary which timezone I adhere to.
On saturdays I'm drinking to Minsk time.

As for cold, I'm toasty but the blokes doing my garage roof this week are a bit taters. Of course, being a good customer I am following the rules around the supply of hot beverages (three cups a day, slice of cake with the afternoon brew).

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
-6 today, - 11 tonight But only -5 tomorrow! Need to dig out the shorts and sandals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here