Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How COLD are you??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve actually been running double-gloved this week......have trouble with my hands at the best of times but the pain is awful in this weather if it gets to me. Wearing a thin thermal pair and then a thicker insulated pair over the top. I’ve bought some heated gloves for when we’re out walking - they are bloody fantastic. Rechargeable battery units in each one. Too bulky to run in though.

Do you get cold at winter Amex games?

That’s the only time when I really feel the cold, I wear multiple (ski) layers, but by HT and FT the cold has got to my core.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you get cold at winter Amex games?

That’s the only time when I really feel the cold, I wear multiple (ski) layers, but by HT and FT the cold has got to my core.

Yep, have been physically shivering a couple of times despite many layers........could really do with a flask of something warm :)

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm still far too ****ing hot when I got running and I'm in the same shorts and t-shirt that I was wearing in the summer when it was 35oC :shrug:

You must be a postie then.

Those guys are as hard as nails.:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just back from a “ walk “ on the seafront.

I haven’t been as cold since my first ever game when I was 6 and dad took me to see Huddersfield Town vs Newcastle at Leeds Road. Seemly I lasted up until half time and cried so much from the cold that my dad took pity and we went home at half time.

It was snowing and a gale force wind seemly straight off the Pennines. Anyone who has been to Oldham in the winter will know just how cold it gets.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Right. It is now April 16th and still freezing. Frankly, this is not good enough.

When is Spring going to turn up? My son's football team has a morning game tomorrow and I just checked the BBC weather and it is forecast to be between 2 and 3 degrees!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Right. It is now April 16th and still freezing. Frankly, this is not good enough.

When is Spring going to turn up? My son's football team has a morning game tomorrow and I just checked the BBC weather and it is forecast to be between 2 and 3 degrees!

My car said it was 3 degrees this morning, but in the sun it was BARMY.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I go for my jog round the park most days just before 6am, early enough not to be chased by dogs or mocked by schoolkids. Big fan of the birdsong that just about drowns out the wheezing noises. But there's been frost on the cars for SIX days running now. Sake!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bar the morning it snowed the other day (ffs), the weather has been the same every day for a what feels like a nearly a couple of weeks now. Glorious start to the day. By 10/11 clouds building. Afternoon fully overcast and chilly. Clears up late afternoon for a lovely evening.
Can't wait for the prevailing wind to go back to normal - the clouds building up and cold is pissing me off now! It's the longest spring cold snap I can remember for a good while, unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Glorious day again in West Wales 14 degrees but feels like 18 sat in the sun , usually it's you lot that get the nice weather whilst we're having monsoons , people swimming in the sea and tourists sunbathing on the beaches , it could be June .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Glorious day again in West Wales 14 degrees but feels like 18 sat in the sun , usually it's you lot that get the nice weather whilst we're having monsoons , people swimming in the sea and tourists sunbathing on the beaches , it could be June .

In the sun it feels lovely here (bar first thing)
Problem's been that cloud keeps building every day! It's the unusual (esp for this time of year) north easterly wind direction causing it to build overland I guess

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This time last year (in Lockdown - Season 1), were we not BASKING in an unseasonably warm spring ? I can vividly recollect the luxury of long pleasurable afternoons on the patio under the parasol with the laptop, WFH (kind off). And the odd cheeky tinny at 3pm.

All this sunshine with arctic winds is an absolute pisstake and a TEASE. Its even bloody cold in the house.

I'm with [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION]. It has to stop. And it has to stop NOW.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This time last year (in Lockdown - Season 1), were we not BASKING in an unseasonably warm spring ? I can vividly recollect the luxury of long pleasurable afternoons on the patio under the parasol with the laptop, WFH (kind off). And the odd cheeky tinny at 3pm.

All this sunshine with arctic winds is an absolute pisstake and a TEASE. Its even bloody cold in the house.

I'm with [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION]. It has to stop. And it has to stop NOW.

All of April last year was ludicrous. Also boringly predictable. It was like being in Southern Spain - a genuine curio when you spot a cloud.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I'm WFH and mostly in the house all day on my own, I've been trying to resist the temptation of putting the heating on. We do have an electric fire in the lounge (where I work) so I do give that a blast a few times a day. But mostly I find if I start drinking heavily from about 3pm, I don't notice the cold so much.

Cold or hot there seems to be a bit of theme here. :drink:

Expecting your NSC quality to drop dramatically in around 20 minutes or so.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cold or hot there seems to be a bit of theme here. :drink:

Expecting your NSC quality to drop dramatically in around 20 minutes or so.....

:lolol:

I did go for a sneaky lunchtime outdoor bevvy out in the sunshine today, mainly to get away from TalkSport and the paint fumes.

Disclaimer to follow.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The world seems upside down. For once, it's positively TROPICAL up here in the North East. I've had to inflate the kids' paddling pool as a makeshift beer cooler.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Shorts and T-shirt weather here in the North-West today.

Nights still a bit chilly - but the days have been glorious for about a fortnight now (except for the day it snowed!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here