Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How close is Locadia to wrestling Ashley Neal's title away?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Richard Tilltman couldn't make the step up from Worthing is the player I would choose. Not sure if that's over 30 years ago now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glenn Thomas for me

This. I was unfortunate to attend all his appearances including the absolute debacle away at Brentford where he gifted them two goals. He was the absolute shittest player I ever saw playing for us. He was also apparently a cocky bully with indelicious traits (according to a post on NSC made more than 20 years ago by someone who had had dinner with him and his cowering missus).

Edit: gratuitous thread, though. Big Jurgs has already been tried and convicted of giving up; no need to backfill his entire time with us with crème de poo-poo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Let him go to Accrington. I know they were interested in the summer and that seems to have cooled now, but surely it would be a good move for him and he'd get more game time.

To replace the late DJ 'Dirtbox Dave' at the working mens club ?:rolleyes:

I so wanted him to smash that half chnce home on Saturday, imagine the posts here if he had . . .and the pressure on NM. Wonder ifhe'll get another sniff on Wednesday?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Locadia feels like a modern day Craig Davies to me.

Maybe he'll inexplicably do ok somewhere else despite being rubbish. If we can offload him that is

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ashley Neal never cost the club FIFTEEN MILLION QUID. Hopefully anybody in the recruitment team involved in buying this piece of crap has been given their P45 and shown the door :wave:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Richard Tilltman couldn't make the step up from Worthing is the player I would choose. Not sure if that's over 30 years ago now?

34 short years ago

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have no memory of Ashley Neal. But I presume he was comparable to The Hawk, that dreadful Scottish keeper brought in by McGhee and that other dismal keeper Wayne Henderson.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Worst player in an Albion shirt in the last 30 years?

As bad as Jurgen is, Ashley will always be the 'champ' as far as I'm concerned.

The real question is, how many worse players than Locadia have there been in the last 30 years?

The answer; probably dozens and dozens who’d not have a showreel as good as this:

https://youtu.be/eQBvXtk4SSU

Yes, he cost £14m but that really does get you **** all in the Premier League if you’re after a goal scorer.

Sensationalism triumphs over reality and truth once again.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Worst player in an Albion shirt in the last 30 years?

As bad as Jurgen is, Ashley will always be the 'champ' as far as I'm concerned.
The worst player of all time for me was Kemy.

More mirrors in his house than minutes running on the pitch.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like Big Jurgs
However ‘off it’ he appears one day an absolute belter is going to bust the net, travel through the stand and end up in the carpark with the ‘keepers severed hands still gripping the ball.

Sure, it might be just once, but by God I hope I live to see it.

Thus I declare he’ll latterly fall into the not great but legendary for one goal, or perchance, two status.

Those who saw the likes of Ansah, Adekola and Mahoney-Johnson... well, we poor souls bore witness to the truly harrowingly wretched... and then there was Christer Warren.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
As it stands I'm more disappointed with Maupay than I am Locadia.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Come on, he’s not up to this level but he’d score 40 goals in league one. He isn’t that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here