Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can we, as fans/customers, best voice our concerns over increasing costs to the club?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
FFP will never work until parachute payments stop.

wish people wouldnt keep harping on about parachute payments. do you understand the purpose and why they are there? if not, surely recognise the (lack of) impact the payments have: of the teams relagated previous three seasons only two have returned to the Premiership, Hull this year and West Ham previous via the playoffs.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Up until now I have seen the cost savings as being a necessary evil but changing the bus arrangements after selling season tickets was a bit naughty (to say the least). It as also stopped the club being able to claim everyone cross subsides parts of the transport setup they don't use.

This was the first summer that contracts were negotiated with an eye to FFP and the early indications are some sense has begun to be injected. However it will take two or three years for other contract renewals to be impacted by this.

To get back to the original question, I don't think a protest is warranted but perhaps it is time to send representation to meet Paul Barber?

That will create more problems than it resolves.

One of the main problems - assuming any people have a problem with any given issue - is that they don't voice their concerns to the club. Some do it on here - and the club does read them, but if something is really unpopular, the principle thing which will get Paul Barber to re-consider is to tell him directly.

Not enough people do. They rely on others, or prefer to whine from the comfort of their anonymity.

For all the furore and self-righteous indignation about Gully's Girls, for instance, especially by some on here, how many emails did he get on that matter? Seven.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Great, reduce the club's income. Even for 1 game. Yes, that's a brilliant idea. NOT.

Where on earth has this idea suddenly come from that we should be handing over all our money to the club at every opportunity and that anyone who isn't is a bad egg? The protest is about high prices so surely NOT spending money is the perfect message to send. If you're happy paying £50 a ticket like I can see it being in a year or twos time then this isn't the thread for you.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Where on earth has this idea suddenly come from that we should be handing over all our money to the club at every opportunity and that anyone who isn't is a bad egg? The protest is about high prices so surely NOT spending money is the perfect message to send. If you're happy paying £50 a ticket like I can see it being in a year or twos time then this isn't the thread for you.

There isn't a protest....it's just being suggested on here by the many idiots that have taken over this forum as some sort of soapbox.

AGT

Apr 13, 2011
Why not all place the blame for increased prices to where it really started...Sky television and the Premiership. These are the beasts who have forced up prices so if you want to take direct action - cancel your Sky subscriptions and stop encouraging our club to go tooth and nail for promotion. Can't see many of you doing that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Up until now I have seen the cost savings as being a necessary evil but changing the bus arrangements after selling season tickets was a bit naughty (to say the least). It as also stopped the club being able to claim everyone cross subsides parts of the transport setup they don't use.

This was the first summer that contracts were negotiated with an eye to FFP and the early indications are some sense has begun to be injected. However it will take two or three years for other contract renewals to be impacted by this.

To get back to the original question, I don't think a protest is warranted but perhaps it is time to send representation to meet Paul Barber?

The last paragraph seems like a much better / more proportionate suggestion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
wish people wouldnt keep harping on about parachute payments. do you understand the purpose and why they are there? if not, surely recognise the (lack of) impact the payments have: of the teams relagated previous three seasons only two have returned to the Premiership, Hull this year and West Ham previous via the playoffs.

I understand parachute payments. Just disagree with the premise. Encourages over-spending in the Prem AND unfair post-relegation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Alternatively those that really do have the need to eat between 3 and 5 perhaps bring your own food and invest less in the club ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I disagree with you. Someone else suggested talking to Barber; try that first. Oh, and I'll post where I like!

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Or wage cap over the whole division. I.e. £10K per week max, and 3 home grown players in first 18.

That is what we have been saying. Each divison needs a wage cap - enough to give the players a very good lifestyle but with the caps it would change how much everything costs.

Also would increase loyality in football because there would be no point in moving clubs within the same division.

If current players didn't like the caps on £10k they could go down the job centre and try something else
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here