Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can the Amex create a big match atmosphere?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the club have gone for the family approach.....our crowds have a lot of kids , elderly and women..(i don't think i have ever seen so many older women at a football game other than at the amex).....the racket/atmosphere at grounds such as forest , derby , leeds and unfortunately selhurst is cultivated by a large , well lubricated (in the alcoholic sense ) male component of the crowd with an onus on being intimidating to the away support and team.........our " singers" are spread through-out the crowd and so are uncoordinated at best and at worst there are sections of the crowd that deliberately don't join in with the mainstream , preferring to sing on their own.....creating a family area for families with under 12's , mums & grans.......along with a few dedicated "singing " areas is the only way the amex is ever going to properly get really rocking....in my opinion , anyway.

the club have gone for the family approach.....our crowds have a lot of kids , elderly and women..(i don't think i have ever seen so many older women at a football game other than at the amex).....the racket/atmosphere at grounds such as forest , derby , leeds and unfortunately selhurst is cultivated by a large , well lubricated (in the alcoholic sense ) male component of the crowd with an onus on being intimidating to the away support and team.........our " singers" are spread through-out the crowd and so are uncoordinated at best and at worst there are sections of the crowd that deliberately don't join in with the mainstream , preferring to sing on their own.....creating a family area for families with under 12's , mums & grans.......along with a few dedicated "singing " areas is the only way the amex is ever going to properly get really rocking....in my opinion , anyway.

Another vote for really rocking!:rolleyes:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rotherham atmo was class this season. So was Norwich. One a not so big game in theory and one a massive game in theory. So pleased we have a good atmosphere on the whole in our new stadium. One of the few clubs to have managed this. So proud of our club. :clap2:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe if we ran out to a more raucous tune than Sussex By The Sea and introduced goal music, together with clackers and increasing the applause when the away attendance is read out the atmosphere would improve greatly.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Maybe if we ran out to a more raucous tune than Sussex By The Sea and introduced goal music, together with clackers and increasing the applause when the away attendance is read out the atmosphere would improve greatly.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its never that good versus Villa. Roll on Fulham.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

I up-thumbed. Unfortunately, irony is dead.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Most seem to agree the Amex was a little flat for a huge game on friday,would a better atmosphere had inspired the team or is it their job to inspire the fans? Should RR be whipping up the locals? Although we have great attendances we don't seem to have big games as the difference in crowd size is only several thousand.Some recall the Goldstone where crowds could jump from 17,000 to near 30,000 for a big game alot of these were night games with an influx of fans who couldn't get to saturday games. Too many kids or fans that are not local to the city whats the problem with the atmosphere at night amex games and how could we make it better? Leeds biggest crowd today will no doubt create a decent amount of noise,it can be done:moo: The fans could be the difference this season:thumbsup:

Leeds lost!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can anyone play a trumpet please ask the club to give it a go.
They can play tunes of the songs we want to sing much better than clackers and drums.
Great when the barmy army trumpeter plays.

:vuvu:

Last edited:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
When the teams came out the stadium was only 2/3rds full . Some people were still at Brighton Station at 8pm .its very difficult for people to get from work , go home and get to a football match by 7.45 with a failing transport system . Also we sat back in the second half which affected the atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think we do need some help. The atmosphere would be transformed if we could persuade a few supporters from the good old days to return. A wall of noise even greater than that we created against the Wednesday massive could be whipped up if you and Das orchestrated it.

This, look after your existing customers when there is a issue and win back the supporters who are prepared to sing there hearts out for the lads, oh and get that safe standing ASAP.

There is also a massive need to put all the stagnant fans (those that only make a noise when someone walk past them for a slash during the match) into one corner somewhere, as sitting next to vocal one just doesn't work.

Pound for pound we are punching below our weight in the vocal support IMO.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If only the Amex could ever be as atmospheric as, say, Redhill v St Francis Rangers in the first preliminary round of this season's FA Cup, eh Rev? No doubt you were prominent amongst the crowd of 29, making a right old racket, and enjoying the magic of the famous old trophy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure that is really matters these days Rory. Many years ago whenever we went up and down the country becaus we were a " small club" we felt we actually mattered when we made a racket and a lot of the fans actually knew the players and a lot of the players had been with the club for years, so you felt like it was your club.

These days with revolving doors and players coming and going every other season, as well as the clubs view that we are punters, not fans, it is not the same.

The demographics of football has changed and the days where there was constant singing and a wall of noise, like you used to get has been replaced by comfortable seating, families and a removal of the intimidating atmosphere in grounds has all led to a sterilised experience. Not saying that is a bad thing!

But people are happy to stand and watch these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here