Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How CAN someone BE so STUPID ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Earlier in THE week I had an EMAIL from the Halifax about MY online bank account saying there WAS a problem. There was A form to FILL in and give them MY passwords etc and they WOULD sort it. So I did as they SAID and HAD no problem ACCESSING my bank online UNTIL today when I went to the ATM to DRAW out a FEW quid for this AFTERNOON and it spat my CARD out. I checked online and MY account was EMPTY, it had £5000+ yesterday.

I RAN to the Halifax in George St and TOLD them and APPARANTLY I have BEEN a victim of FISHING and because I gave them my PASSWORDS I will GET nothing back and ACCORDING to them it is MY fault for BEING stupid.

I don't BELIEVE this , HOW was I to KNOW this WENT on ? I'm now OFFICIALLY potless. I will see a SOLICITOR on Monday and MAYBE email George Osborne as HOW can this be ALLOWED ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Earlier in THE week I had an EMAIL from the Halifax about MY online bank account saying there WAS a problem. There was A form to FILL in and give them MY passwords etc and they WOULD sort it. So I did as they SAID and HAD no problem ACCESSING my bank online UNTIL today when I went to the ATM to DRAW out a FEW quid for this AFTERNOON and it spat my CARD out. I checked online and MY account was EMPTY, it had £5000+ yesterday.

I RAN to the Halifax in George St and TOLD them and APPARANTLY I have BEEN a victim of FISHING and because I gave them my PASSWORDS I will GET nothing back and ACCORDING to them it is MY fault for BEING stupid.

I don't BELIEVE this , HOW was I to KNOW this WENT on ? I'm now OFFICIALLY potless. I will see a SOLICITOR on Monday and MAYBE email George Osborne as HOW can this be ALLOWED ?

Gutted for you, good luck with the solicitor. If you come in the north after the final whistle I will buy you a pint

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Potless Pillock the 2nd.

All is not LOST, I have recently been INFORMED of a long lost RELATIVE in Nigeria who died and I will shortly be RECEIVING 10 million pounds, I have given my bank details and am AWAITING the monies.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
And it's not very funny, if you are trying to be.

How dare you sit there and have a go at Ernest. He's just telling you that's he's been scammed and is so potless that he can't afford a pint in Dick's bar today.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

If this is true I have a lot of sympathy, however I'm suprised you said 'how am I meant to know this goes on' it happens so much that every bank including Halifax, tell their customers never to give away passwords or details over any emails, and if they need them they will ask for it by phone. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of an email contact your bank.
There was at least one similar thread on here just last week about dodgy bank emails!
I sincerely hope you get your money back.

Stay safe online lads!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

It's gone to Dick Knight - and you can kiss his arse if you think you're getting it back!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
And it's not very funny, if you are trying to be.

You don't know Ernest do you, he is one of the funniest things about NSC, that post was the usual high standard we expect from him.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
:dunce:And I thought I was stupid! Probably gone to my friendly Nigerian Prince who keeps offering to send money to my bank account,if only I would send him my account details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here