Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We're odds against, so we probably won't win. And if we don't win, our chances of a top two finish are a bit shafted.

That's the spirit!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We're odds against, so we probably won't win. And if we don't win, our chances of a top two finish are a bit shafted.
We may be odds against but are a decent value bet given our quality, motivation.and Forest's plight.

We HAVE to WIN tonight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We may be odds against but are a decent value bet given our quality, motivation.and Forest's plight.
Yeah I know. I'm feeling a bit miserable as I know it will be difficult to regroup and have another go next season if we don't make it this time. We're bound to lose the odd player to PL teams, Zamora is running out of games and the amazing Bruno can't have another year like this one. We've seen plenty of teams piling cash into promotion and still failing to make it, so it will be hard for us again, even with a decent squad. And it's made worse by the fact I think we've been one of the best two teams this year, and just not had as much luck as those above us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah I know. I'm feeling a bit miserable as I know it will be difficult to regroup and have another go next season if we don't make it this time. We're bound to lose the odd player to PL teams, Zamora is running out of games and the amazing Bruno can't have another year like this one. We've seen plenty of teams piling cash into promotion and still failing to make it, so it will be hard for us again, even with a decent squad. And it's made worse by the fact I think we've been one of the best two teams this year, and just not had as much luck as those above us.

Do you want me to pop round and give you a big hug hun?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we don't go up, Tony will have to take one of his biggest gambles and refuse all offers for Kayal, knowing he'll lose him at the end of next season for nothing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whilst the points available are only 2.17% of the overall available during the season I'd still say it's pretty big especially as we're now 4pts behine 2nd place and 5 behind 1st. Our GD isn't helping so we do need to stay in touch, as others have said I fear any dropped points tonight will reduce confidence and pile on the pressure. On the other hand, IF we did drop points tonight we may be able to start to rotate the squad to have players in the best possible shape for the play-offs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we don't go up, Tony will have to take one of his biggest gambles and refuse all offers for Kayal, knowing he'll lose him at the end of next season for nothing.
Yep, sod making a big money marquee signing over the summer. If we manage to keep hold of all 18-20 players that have made up our match day squads since the end of Jan, we will be very strong next season.

So not going up won't be the end if the world.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Chris Hughton has shown he can pick players who are a good addition to the team, Manu excepted. If the worst happened and we're still in the Championship next season (the worst scenario - how we would have loved that situation in years gone by) then I would trust him to get the players in that he needed, and for Bloom & Barber to try to hang on to those we already have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd say this game is about as big as Wiltshire. And if we win, then the Fulham game will be almost as big as Devon.

But if we fail to win, then Fulham will only be as big as a Vauxhall Zafira.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
17318.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris Hughton has shown he can pick players who are a good addition to the team, Manu excepted. If the worst happened and we're still in the Championship next season (the worst scenario - how we would have loved that situation in years gone by) then I would trust him to get the players in that he needed, and for Bloom & Barber to try to hang on to those we already have.
I know the good ship Albion is in fine hands and there's lots to be happy about. But assuming we're on the limit of FFP now, how can we keep what we've got and also be able to afford to replace Zamora and (in the form of a regular starting demigod) Bruno?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It seems a very long season. I'm tempted to think the games will get bigger and bigger!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, sod making a big money marquee signing over the summer. If we manage to keep hold of all 18-20 players that have made up our match day squads since the end of Jan, we will be very strong next season.

So not going up won't be the end if the world.

Except for the £100M in lost revenue, likely lost star players you mean!!??

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It's huge, but if we draw it WON'T be the end of the season. Our next three games are VERY winnable, while Burnley & Boro play each other, giving us the chance to get right back into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here