Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] How big is yours?

boik

Far too many for the space I have, I need to thin them out or get more storage. I guess around 300. Loads of duplicates, I bought a record cleaner which has revived some of the older 60’s and 70’s albums but some are too far gone. Also got a whole cabinet of CD’s.

If the albums just have ingrained dirt, you can try painting the grooves with a thickish layer of PVA or wood glue, and then peeling it of once it is completely dry. Do NOT get it on the label!! I've used this method a few times on some old albums that I inherited and it improved them no end. Obviously wont get rid of scratches though.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’ve got 120 LPs (sorry, I’m old school - it’s albums or LPs in my book, not vinyl). Some of them quite rare, like a Japanese pressing of Free’s Tons Of Sobs. For singles, not many, Brown Sugar by the Stones and Weaver of Life by Family spring to mind.

That was a very interesting article. I loved John Peel, he was an oasis in a desert of moribund, musical mediocrity dictated at the time by the woeful offerings of a teeny bop driven Radio One.

Weaver of life......
Brilliant track!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If the albums just have ingrained dirt, you can try painting the grooves with a thickish layer of PVA or wood glue, and then peeling it of once it is completely dry. Do NOT get it on the label!! I've used this method a few times on some old albums that I inherited and it improved them no end. Obviously wont get rid of scratches though.

I’ve heard of that before but have never known anyone do it, I thought it was a myth!
My wife has an early Aftermath album that she bought early 70’s secondhand which I’ve had no luck reviving so this may be worth trying. Thanks.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In this odd display from 1983, wedged firmly between 'Blues' and 'Gospel' is a section new to me.

20220211_115353.jpg

Apr 29, 2012
80F0D1D6-12B6-4AB1-A639-6CD8E7F892CC.jpeg

Over 8k records, CD’s so safe to say I’m quite frankly obsessed! Music has always been my number one passion, whisper it - even more so than the footy. In another era I’d like to have run a record shop, but had to become a corporate slave in order to lead the lifestyle I want. I sell online via Discogs as a side hustle, my seller ID is Goldstonerapper!

Spot the LP cover sprayed by a famous British street artist…….

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This article just makes me want to go out and buys loads more vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here