Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Big Is Glastonbury?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting ...... which by definition of being open continuously for 24hours, makes it a true festival. I have never been tempted to go there , but I am at the same time ,intrigued by it ........................(Will checking in on Motorhead on Friday via the BBC)

It's fantastic, best there is and unique in so many ways and very punter focused. Which other festival allows you to take as much booze as you can carry into the site itself. And I love the fact you have everyone from Motörhead to Lionel Richie playing. Bands know it's special, and you get "special" performances. I cannot speak highly enough of it.

And you're correct, it's a true festival in every sense. And not a big gig in a field.

Aug 23, 2011
Basically if you lose your mates at a festival it's virtually impossible to find them again. You're likely to have no phone/signal. So I'm sure the flags can help. Always managed at Reading without but still.

I always enjoy the fun game of finding your mates again after going to the bar/toilet etc. I make sure i have a good look at several markers around my mates and then happily trudge off knowing i can find my way back to their place with no problem....except it never seems to work out like that. I get back to where i'm adamant they were only to spend the next 15 mins walking round in circles until one of my mates sees me, unless its dark of course :)

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
22 hours for me :down:

There right now. Just walked around the whole site to re-familiarise myself. It is enormous, and when we're fighting our way from one stage to the next it will be completely knackering. Never mind, we are absolutely determined to see Suede, Fat Whites, Cribs, Young Fathers, Courtney Barnet, The Who, Slaves, The Zombies, Alabama Shakes and Spiritualised plus others. Surely that line up alone makes it worth the ticket price.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It's fantastic, best there is and unique in so many ways and very punter focused. Which other festival allows you to take as much booze as you can carry into the site itself. And I love the fact you have everyone from Motörhead to Lionel Richie playing. Bands know it's special, and you get "special" performances. I cannot speak highly enough of it.

And you're correct, it's a true festival in every sense. And not a big gig in a field.

Completely this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hope everyone who is going has a good time. the weather is thankfully (mostly) dry http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640282
If you forgive a plug (i work on this) then don't forget that you can watch 6 stages live online live from Friday...See the 120+ artists the BBC films via
http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/performances
and then for everyone who misses a few things whilst they're there, stage clashes etc, or want to watch it when they get back then all 120 performances or so will be on that iPlayer in full for 30 days when you get back.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's answered my question, thanks, I love a flag but on TV they look like they block the view of the mid section

image.jpg

BHA flag

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There right now. Just walked around the whole site to re-familiarise myself. It is enormous, and when we're fighting our way from one stage to the next it will be completely knackering. Never mind, we are absolutely determined to see Suede, Fat Whites, Cribs, Young Fathers, Courtney Barnet, The Who, Slaves, The Zombies, Alabama Shakes and Spiritualised plus others. Surely that line up alone makes it worth the ticket price.

Who?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The flags are less of a nuisance than they look on the TV.

The size of Glastonbury is overstated IMO. The main stages are all in a 15-20 minute radius of each other, whilst shangri la to john peel is about half an hour. Once you have your bearings it's all pretty managable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here