Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How big a factor is ‘bad’ transport affecting your STH decision?

Is travel to and from The Amex preventing you getting a ST or renewing your ST?

• Yes

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 60.3%

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Trains worked well last night, post match, because large numbers of people started leaving from 70mins.
Well done to Sky and our ever so accommodating football club for scheduling a game for the early evening on NYE at a ground where the bulk of supporters have to use some form of public transport.
A demonstration of how little trust customers have in the train service that the only way to ensure a non-f***ed up NYE evening is to miss a quarter of the match.
Nothing to do with that 4th Arsenal goal then ?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I’m just a fan, not a bot and the number of fans who show up is keenly debated on here for all sorts of reasons. By yourself and many others. And many predict - have done for years now - rather bleak projections for who is going to turn up. So if someone who was there argues it was “nowhere near” full up when several others say actually it wasn’t then I’d say , however dull - it’s of interest. On NSC at least.
Premier League clubs have normalised announcing a crowd that is very different to what's in the ground. It's a discussion that's been done to death. Dull as dishwater. It wasn't even an argument, just a comment complimenting how well travel worked yesterday. Thought you'd be lapping up the positivity instead

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Premier League clubs have normalised announcing a crowd that is very different to what's in the ground. It's a discussion that's been done to death. Dull as dishwater. It wasn't even an argument, just a comment complimenting how well travel worked yesterday. Thought you'd be lapping up the positivity instead
Agreed - it did. But I thought it was pretty full up - you didn’t. That’s all. Fair enough.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Used car park C in the uni last night for the first time and have to say it worked really well.

Left bang on the final whistle and was at home in Worthing at 8.
That was the best it’s been so far this season. All flowed nicely.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Assume it’s been asked before, but does it really matter if there’s a difference between the pre attendance and actual attendance? It’s pretty obvious the two will not correlate for various factors but what are we looking to get out of it, if official numbers were released?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assume it’s been asked before, but does it really matter if there’s a difference between the pre attendance and actual attendance? It’s pretty obvious the two will not correlate for various factors but what are we looking to get out of it, if official numbers were released?
It matter to Hyypia!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly the folks that wait at Falmer for the 'right' train going East are not seasoned commuters. First law of commuting is get away from the bottleneck asap and pick up the 'right' train further down the line. Why wait on a cramped Falmer platform when you could be waiting on the wide open spaces of a Lewes platform?
Spot on. Years of struggling in and out of London taught me this…..get going south as far as you can as quickly as you can 🤷‍♂️

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For most - none at all . But it remains salient on here for some - given the reported figures are always sell outs - want to use it as evidence, I think, for any number of valid grievances - transport, season ticket sharing , tv schedules, bottle tops, lack of a striker - and hence prove their point that turning up to watch a match isn’t worth it and others agree! Fact is - the empty Amex often predicted - never seems to come to pass…

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I always turn left there as that’s the way to my parking but fully agree buses/coaches should use that lanes and then turn right.
You can only park in a small private area. There is strictly no entry to the Uni. Of the 100's turning right 1 can legally turn left.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

For most - none at all . But it remains salient on here for some - given the reported figures are always sell outs - want to use it as evidence, I think, for any number of valid grievances - transport, season ticket sharing , tv schedules, bottle tops, lack of a striker - and hence prove their point that turning up to watch a match isn’t worth it and others agree! Fact is - the empty Amex often predicted - never seems to come to pass…
I think it's certainly relevant to say how many people actually turned up to watch a game - rather than how many had tickets. For example, if the team are doing poorly, and half the season ticket holders don't bother going - yet the attendance includes all the ST holders, how does that reflect reality or what is actually happening? And also, what is announced and printed is the 'attendance'. To me 'attendance' means 'no of people attending'. Not 'number of tickets sold, some/many of whom then did not attend'.

I give talks to local societies. There is a big difference in the feeling I get from delivering a talk to 50 members being present, than only 10 being present. Yet, following the PL norm, I would be told that 50 had been in 'attendance'!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Much as the club likes to stonewall any transport issues, maybe they could investigate why it all seemed to run smoothly yesterday - and try and see what can be done to make it run equally smoothly next time

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think it's certainly relevant to say how many people actually turned up to watch a game - rather than how many had tickets. For example, if the team are doing poorly, and half the season ticket holders don't bother going - yet the attendance includes all the ST holders, how does that reflect reality or what is actually happening? And also, what is announced and printed is the 'attendance'. To me 'attendance' means 'no of people attending'. Not 'number of tickets sold, some/many of whom then did not attend'.

I give talks to local societies. There is a big difference in the feeling I get from delivering a talk to 50 members being present, than only 10 being present. Yet, following the PL norm, I would be told that 50 had been in 'attendance'!
The club will no doubt know the differences, even down to individual seats based on the QR codes and barcodes so can analysis this as much as they want, they also have the non 25% attendance policy which will be captured by the same means.

I don’t know a plausible reason why they as a business would publish how many aren’t turning up, there’s absolutely no benefit to fan speculation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much as the club likes to stonewall any transport issues, maybe they could investigate why it all seemed to run smoothly yesterday - and try and see what can be done to make it run equally smoothly next time
Not entirely sure being 1-4 down after 70 minutes is part of the overall gameplan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There shouldn't be any delays leaving Goodison tonight.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I’d like to think it was the invaluable work of the train planning team at southern 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here