Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How are you feeling?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Outrageous invasion depending upon the initial fight Ukraine puts up then in my opinion warn Russia then bomb the Kremlin completely flattened it

But how are you feeling?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Outrageous invasion depending upon the initial fight Ukraine puts up then in my opinion warn Russia then bomb the Kremlin completely flattened it

Glad you are not in charge.

Feel sorry for the Ukrainians, and the Russian general public, sanctions will hit them, and counter measures will then probably hit the general populations of Europe.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve always been good at doing the “control the controllables” thing and not allowing things outside my sphere of influence to unduly affect my mood too much. Doesn’t mean I don’t take a view or have an interest, simply that I focus effort and emotional energy on the things I can change. But since I had kids this has changed somewhat and when something like this happens it makes me concerned for them and the world they will grow up in.

I hate what Putin has done and I hate the fact that the rest of the world haven’t found the mechanisms or the collective will to deter him.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I’ve always been good at doing the “control the controllables” thing and not allowing things outside my sphere of influence to unduly affect my mood too much. Doesn’t mean I don’t take a view or have no interest, simply that I focus effort and emotional energy on the things I can change. But since I had kids this has changed somewhat and when something like this happens it makes me concerned for them and the world they will grow up in.

I hate what Putin has done and I hate the fact that the rest of the world haven’t found the mechanisms or the collective will to deter him.

This is what I am trying for. Will avoid news where possible and just get on. It is not something I can unduly influence so worry will achieve nothing.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
How has today’s news made you feel? Are you anxious, empathetic, bombastic, angry, indifferent?

Not the place to discuss the rights and wrongs or provide news updates.

Personally I’m not quite sure I can yet articulate my current range of emotions

Completely indifferent.

Sorry if that is not right answer for people.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sad for the Ukrainians.
Angry that the Russian leadership have started a cold blooded war on a Nation that wanted peace and sovereignty. Not too much to ask.
Sorry for the normal people of Russia that will suffer from the necessary sanctions that will follow and hopeful that they will rise up against Putin and his cronies as they show that this war is not what they want.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I can’t imagine what pre-WW2 was really like for everyone. But I can imagine it seemed something like this. Just little baby steps closer and closer to the void.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Anxious for sure. Not helped by the fact I am currently transitioning medication for that very thing, which has the side effect of ... more anxiety.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sad that this can happen in this day and age but on the flip side the commodities market is likely to go through the roof, so invest a bit in oil and gold and you stand to make a fair sum. Unethical - maybe, but its always been a given in such events in the past that this is a good time to invest.

Thank you for your input.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sad and scary times. For now, just hoping the rest of the world unites on this and squeezes the life (literally with any luck) out of Putin before too much damage can be done, including to the countless millions of Russians who don’t want this any more than anyone else does - it’ll be them suffering the most before too long. I just have no confidence there is someone out there that is capable of leading a swift, strong and unified response (because it’s certainly not Johnson or Biden).

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Angry, sad, anxious.

Concerned that Putin is only going to be emboldened by what he will regard as a “soft” response to his actions, and after a suitable period of time has elapsed, will go again.

Horrified at the idea that I could be bringing my boy up only to lose him to a potentially necessary but horrible armed conflict.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
To be perfectly truthful, I’m more concerned about China at the moment. That’s the very real problem facing the West at the moment, also Sniffer, sat dribbling in the Whitehouse is a concern.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Sad for all the people of Ukraine. It must be terrifying.
On a personal note I was in Kyiv last year and visited Odessa in the past which makes the situation horribly real.
I also feel anxious as Putin is a cold blooded tyrant and things could escalate very quickly.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I hated every part of Brexit, I hated watching Trump's dishonesty, I've hated watching Johnson's dishonesty, I've hated the suffering caused by Covid and I now fear for the needless suffering caused by war in Eastern Europe and also the financial strain it will place on many low income families at home.

I've reduced the amount of news I read and watch, and I try to watch cheerful programmes on TV.
It's all too horrible at the moment and I wish we could wind the clock back to the summer of 2012 and hit the pause button.
I'm going to make a concerted effort to be as cheerful as possible, even though it's all sh*t.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sad and scary times. For now, just hoping the rest of the world unites on this and squeezes the life (literally with any luck) out of Putin before too much damage can be done, including to the countless millions of Russians who don’t want this any more than anyone else does - it’ll be them suffering the most before too long. I just have no confidence there is someone out there that is capable of leading a swift, strong and unified response (because it’s certainly not Johnson or Biden).

Not quite sure what you mean by your last comment. I'm presuming that you don't mean a UNSC resolution enabling that swift, strong response but, rather, another different nation state. If the latter, they will have nuclear weapons, as does Russia.
This could be the opening act of a reconfiguration of the global order. The hope though is that Putin's ambitions are more limited than many think, which is not beyond the realms of possibility. If his aim is occupation or the establishment of a crony regime, I'd imagine that there will be resistance/guerrilla warfare from the Ukranians for a protracted period.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not quite sure what you mean by your last comment. I'm presuming that you don't mean a UNSC resolution enabling that swift, strong response but, rather, another different nation state. If the latter, they will have nuclear weapons, as does Russia.
This could be the opening act of a reconfiguration of the global order. The hope though is that Putin's ambitions are more limited than many think, which is not beyond the realms of possibility. If his aim is occupation or the establishment of a crony regime, I'd imagine that there will be resistance/guerrilla warfare from the Ukranians for a protracted period.

Correct - I wasn’t necessarily even meaning military action. Ore just wondering who amongst the World Leaders is going to step up and take charge of the response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here