How Are We Financing New Signings????

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Has There Been Some Investment In The Club, Championship Wages Don't Come Cheap. Not Being Negative Just Interested

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I Dont Know But I Sure Like Using Capitals

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dont forget we showed 10 the door

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
it seems like knight is more willing to take a risk now that falmer is definite

how do you come to that conclusion?

We let 10 go, we've signed 4, so I'd say it's reasonable to expect that we've cut our overal wage bill. I'm not dissing DK or the Club, just wondering how this shows that DK is more willing to take a risk?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The bank(s) that is/are financing the construction of the new stadium must have thrown in a bit of extra money on the basis that new stadium plus good team equals success which in turn equals money.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think Dick and the board are laying US's tips on Betfair...should be able to afford Lampard in a month or so

Oct 25, 2003
how do you come to that conclusion?

We let 10 go, we've signed 4, so I'd say it's reasonable to expect that we've cut our overal wage bill. I'm not dissing DK or the Club, just wondering how this shows that DK is more willing to take a risk?

yeah we've let 10 go but a fair few of those were youth teamers, only really hart and mayo would be on a decent wage

i'd imagine virgo will be on a fair whack as would mcleod and livermore, and it seems like theres more to come

plus its not just now, would we have paid £300k for ONE player had falmer not been definite?

butters was probably on a fair wage aswell, just guessing though

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
yeah we've let 10 go but a fair few of those were youth teamers, only really hart and mayo would be on a decent wage

i'd imagine virgo will be on a fair whack as would mcleod and livermore, and it seems like theres more to come

plus its not just now, would we have paid £300k for ONE player had falmer not been definite?

Reid would probably have been on a decent wage and we would also have been paying some money towards the four loan players' wages. However, I do think that we are going for it more this season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The bank(s) that is/are financing the construction of the new stadium must have thrown in a bit of extra money on the basis that new stadium plus good team equals success which in turn equals money.

I doubt it, the money will not be made available until December at the earliest I would imagine anyway, probably a staged loan as the staged building costs become due

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Can I just say that that statement, were he to see it and comment on it, REALLY AND PROPERLY SERIOUSLY fucks Gary Hart off? That is all. :)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
maybe so, but what about the signing on fees for the players, ie if Virgo wanted £250k (if true of course) from Forest I doubt he would have wanted nothing from us

because we released 10 players, sold Hammond for £250k, Revell for £150k, Elder for £25k, People on the board alledgedly given us money to sign Murray as a "gift"

Plus all the other people we sold without ever spending any money on replacements ie. Currie £250k, Cullip £250k, Virgo £1.5million, Zamora £1.5million, Knight £125k, Henderson £150k, Kazim-Richards £150k,Harding £400k money from Spurs and West Ham away in the FA Cup, £150k from Alive & Kicking appeal, £200k for Kazim-Richards sell on clause

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Has There Been Some Investment In The Club, Championship Wages Don't Come Cheap. Not Being Negative Just Interested

Just as well we aren't in the Championship then eh? So for now they will have to play for League One wages, that's their problem, not the clubs problem. If we get promoted to the Championship then we will get more TV money, more sponsorship money and more prize money, and them we'll be able to pay Championship wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports