Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How about taking our 'friendship' with Charlton a step further.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Charlton need to be fighting their own battles at the moment. By all means wish them well in their struggle, but this isn't the time to go steaming in with a distraction like this.

Spot on Lord B.

It was good to see our away fans showing the spirit of Fans United today. You all did the club proud.

However, to me the spirit should not be about forming close links with fans of certain clubs, but instead for fans of all clubs to be willing to support any other fans whenever they appear to getting screwed by their club's owners. It is a happy by product that individuals have made friends at other clubs, but that is not the point. The point is that football fans should be willing to help others to stand up to owners who abuse their position regardless of the clubs involved.

This is why the complaints about past Charlton misdemeanours are irrelevant. It doesn't matter that its Charlton. It matters that someone has taken over their club, is not wanted and won't listen. Were it Palace fans who were getting their club stolen from their community, I would hope that both Charlton and Brighton fans would be willing to think 'there but for the grace...' cease hostilities and offer their support to those organising the opposition. It may seem nice that Charlton fans are saying 'Thanks, we hope we can do you a favour against Burnley', but really they should now be contacting Burnley fans and saying, 'You're coming to our next home game, please give us the same support that the Brighton fans did.'

D

Deleted User X18H

Why,don't we bus people up from Seaford and Lancing?

Again !!!!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oi , you bitches are ours . Don't be making eyes at someone else now you've found some new confidence .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oh , I forgot :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I cringed when I read the OP's post in this thread. This is the worst idea since unsliced bread. Support their campaign if you want, personally I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about there but as I say if you agree with the Charlton fans then fair play but....I don't much like Charlton, I don't much like any team except Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here