Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hove Job Centre

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Playing Devil‘s advocate here, do most people look for jobs on line these days or use employment agencies?

In 18 years of hiring staff, I’ve never used the job centre to hire staff and haven’t use the local press for nearly a decade, it’s always on line now.

Will the money saved be the closure be better used elsewhere?

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
My biggest gripe with the typical arsegas coverage is why Brighton , Hove and Hangleton?
Why does Aldrington never get a mention? The Job Centre is there after all.

With regard to the post, Job Centers have never been the same since they stopped paying benefits in cash. The service has been in terminal decline since then and has been turned into a glorified corner shop posted card window

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Went for a walk in Worthing town centre last weekend and noticed the job centre has popped up right in the middle of town where Poundland used to be

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Playing Devil‘s advocate here, do most people look for jobs on line these days or use employment agencies?

In 18 years of hiring staff, I’ve never used the job centre to hire staff and haven’t use the local press for nearly a decade, it’s always on line now.

Will the money saved be the closure be better used elsewhere?
The answer will be where do the Job Centre staff look for new jobs when it is closes I suppose...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as i remember it was the place you had to go to sign on. the jobs bit seemed superficial, lots of cards usually drivers, builders or chefs, for locations miles away. dont know if the access to UC is still through them or other offices which remain. is poor if people have to travel miles to the central Brighton one, though this is the same problem anyone on edge of town of out of a large town faces, no job centers in suburbs or villages.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Went for a walk in Worthing town centre last weekend and noticed the job centre has popped up right in the middle of town where Poundland used to be
I remember the Worthing TCI getting all excited when Poundland opened, ‘another major retailer’ they proclaimed 🙈

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I haven’t looked for a job for 20 years as I’ve been self employed, the last employed job I had I found by looking in The Argus, I actually had 2 interviews lined up, I went to the first interview and got offered the job straight away.
The Argus when it was ready popular had a very good jobs section.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven’t looked for a job for 20 years as I’ve been self employed, the last employed job I had I found by looking in The Argus, I actually had 2 interviews lined up, I went to the first interview and got offered the job straight away.
When we wanted to move back to Sussex, we asked a friend to cut out the jobs section, and post it to us. The very first one advertised the job he got two weeks later, and worked there for 16 years.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thursday, statistically the best selling Argus of the week, Jobs section and Seagull Scene with John Vinicombe.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As well as needing to go in to sign on and prove efforts to gain employment, they also offer CV writing classes, and help with interview techniques, counselling etc. It's not just a building with job adverts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here