Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House prices to rise 50% in next 10 years, London to double...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ban people/companies from overseas from buying housing property over here. More controls on landlords and rent charges. Got to get more people owning houses or on affordable rents.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I may be wrong, but I think there are issues with getting mortgages in tower blocks over a certain height. Additionally, I believe the service charges are very high.

Interesting, not to mention the aforementioned issues with NIMBYs.

Well there are issues with the man on the street getting half-million-pound mortgages too - something has to give eventually.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ban people/companies from overseas from buying housing property over here. More controls on landlords and rent charges. Got to get more people owning houses or on affordable rents.
Never gonna happen, far too many *******s getting filthy rich from it for it to ever change

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As being involved with this on a daily basis there has already been a massive hit to the buy to let market with a dual whammy of tax penalties and stamp duty next year. It is all good and well if people can take up this slack with residential buyers but unless something changes there you could have a situation with a new property to sell the buy to let person will not want to buy anymore and the residential person cannot buy. As usually the government ie the Tories have a complete disconnect with the regulators and the market and regulations

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by edna krabappel
Two bedroom mews? In London? For a shade under half a million? A garage that can be converted into a parking space, more like :)

My 1 bed house, which we bought for £62,000 in 1998, is now valued at £300,000.
Absolutely ridiculous :nono:

This​

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Company I joined in 2007 as graduate, same position has only increased by 5.5% for 2015!

People can't save until their 30s now.

Er.... Corbyn & Osborne? Who else do you think will be PM?

Is there ANY evidence that Jeremy Corbyn allowed his name to go forward into the Labour leadership contest because he wanted to be prime minister?

It's far more likely that the Corbynistas will spend the next couple of years being a party of genuine opposition to the Tories and then turn their minds to a quite different question - Who should lead Labour into the next election? Corbyn will quietly step down and XXXXXXX will step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here