House prices to crash

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You really should try not to project your emotions onto others.

You probably wont believe it, but I often sit here with a broad grin on my tired old face. NSC is really fun at times.:wave:

Maybe but thats because I am living the shit not living the dream.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Maybe but thats because I am living the shit not living the dream.

I know mate, and I'm genuinely sorry for you, but its not my fault.
I'm just running a commentary on the game.

May 22, 2008
Of course, silly me.

Didn't Estate Agents say that about Spain, Ireland, Saudi Arabia etc etc.

I was once told by an oik in the Halifax BS about 3 years ago (before the Crunch) not to worry about the security of my savings as he had worked there all his life and could assure me it was a 'great Company'.

You'll have to forgive me if I place the value of an Estate Agents opinion somewhere lower than a Football Agent

You write some rubbish !
At least I have a job. Now do you
Don't tell me your a football agent?

larus

The issue which I have about house prices, is the relative increase to inflation/average wages. This is undeniable.

The only sporting argument appears to be that there is an imbalance between supply and demand. So many seem to view this as good; why?

We all need somewhere to live; yet to meet this demand, the modern build is smaller houses with smaller gardens, for more money. But, as long as people feel that are higher up the chain, then that's perceived to be a good thing.

Insane.

larus

Very funny! Your right all agents are
Con men !

Actually, the point was about writing rubbish, not about your profession.
For example; your - you're, etc.

I think that everyone (when in comes down to it), is selfish/out for themself. I don't view estate agents any worse than mechanincs, insurance salesmen, whatever. You get 'good' and 'bad' in all walks of life. You get nurses/doctors that kill; you get policemen who are corrupt; you get estate agents who are honourable. To tar a profession is too simplistic.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You write some rubbish !

OK, I'll give you a little challenge.

I will continue to post information to suggest the housing market is in trouble and house prices are going down.
For balance, as an Estate Agent, I invite you to post information that suggests the market is bouyant and house prices are going up.

No rhetoric no bullshit. Are you up for it.

May 22, 2008
OK, I'll give you a little challenge.

I will continue to post information to suggest the housing market is in trouble and house prices are going down.
For balance, as an Estate Agent, I invite you to post information that suggests the market is bouyant and house prices are going up.

No rhetoric no bullshit. Are you up for it.

yes done deal ! but i work in Barnet so will just give my honest view of the office i run and the area.

plus info from our other 9 office's in London.

I think sep will be a good guide stick as the crash of 07 started then.

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sorry Rev but your on my ignore list, so nothing for you here.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
yes done deal ! but i work in Barnet so will just give my honest view of the office i run and the area.

plus info from our other 9 office's in London.

I think sep will be a good guide stick as the crash of 07 started then.

Excellent. This might prove interesting for us both, so here is my starter for 10.

As you are based in Barnet and are very busy I have done a search in the The Property Snake site for Barnet. There are over 500 properties where owners cant sell and have reduced prices. I'll leave you to look at the reductions on offer.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/1030

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Excellent. This might prove interesting for us both, so here is my starter for 10.

As you are based in Barnet and are very busy I have done a search in the The Property Snake site for Barnet. There are over 500 properties where owners cant sell and have reduced prices. I'll leave you to look at the reductions on offer.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/1030

That's really interesting. That propery that's been on the market for about 18 months and still can't shift after two price reductions suggests that the area it's in is not "ever popular"

And I suspect that the studio flat on the market at £13.75m might take some shifting

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Caps Lock appears to be off today.

Indeed. He did that a while ago and I took him off the list. But, he soon defaulted to his annoying little joke so he's on my list permanently now.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
More evidence that supply is increasing (even in London) whilst demand is static or falling. Credit to the Estate Agent's positive spin.

"The number of properties for sale in central London has increased by 28 per cent over the last six months.

While there is still a shortage of property on the market, the number of buyers to properties decreased from 14 people per property in March to 11 this month.

Peter Rollings, managing director of Marsh & Parsons estate agents, which researched the trend, welcomed the “healthy development”, saying: “Last year, we saw galloping house prices in the capital, underpinned by a severe shortage of properties.

“Buyer demand is still as strong, but there is now a greater balance between supply and demand. This will encourage more activity market and see prices rise at a more sustainable pace.”

Between May last year and this June, average London prices rose by 14 per cent, from £296,418 to £338,027."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23870378-increase-in-central-london-properties-for-sale-healthy-for-housing-market.do

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports