Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House prices to crash

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
America sneezes and we catch a cold.

that old saying applies to the stock market, which are quite closely coupled (for one think alot of shares trade on both sides). it has bugger all to do with housing markets which are entriley seperate. you'd be better off finding trends to link Ireland or northen France, Belgium, Holland.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
that old saying applies to the stock market, which are quite closely coupled (for one think alot of shares trade on both sides). it has bugger all to do with housing markets which are entriley seperate. you'd be better off finding trends to link Ireland or northen France, Belgium, Holland.

OK, so the credit crunch didn't start in the US and spread to the UK? Sorry to have got this so wrong.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle C

suicidal.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For a moment I thought this was the Dr Kelly thread :facepalm:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

You really should try not to project your emotions onto others.

You probably wont believe it, but I often sit here with a broad grin on my tired old face. NSC is really fun at times.:wave:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can't believe the bufoon, Uncle C is still going........:lolol::lolol::lolol:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
OK, so the credit crunch didn't start in the US and spread to the UK?

because UK banks were lending into the US housing market and the wider economies are linked, so there was an effect once the US tanked. above you are insinuating that when US house prices fall there is likly to be a direct relation to UK house prices. this is not true.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can't believe the bufoon, Uncle C is still going........:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Well there's a surprise. Having run out of cogent arguments, cjd again resorts to insults.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
because UK banks were lending into the US housing market and the wider economies are linked, so there was an effect once the US tanked. above you are insinuating that when US house prices fall there is likly to be a direct relation to UK house prices. this is not true.

I think that sound was you just shooting yourself in the foot.

I am indeed insinuating that when US house prices fall there is likely to be a direct relation to UK house prices.

Another wave of bad debt for US banks and it all starts again.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I think that sound was you just shooting yourself in the foot.

I am indeed insinuating that when US house prices fall there is likely to be a direct relation to UK house prices.

Another wave of bad debt for US banks and it all starts again.

nice try but no. there is very little cross border lending right now (the credit crunch...) and the value of property in the US has zero bearing on the value of property in the UK. *if* a recession occurs in the US *and* that is mirrored in the UK, there *might* be an indirect knock on effect. But the same could be said for the price of Coffee beans in South America.

anywho the point i was trying to make was the misuse of the "america sneezes..." saying which is relating only to the stock market price. these days we hold our own anyway, and there is more eastward influence now.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
nice try but no. there is very little cross border lending right now (the credit crunch...) The lending (extent of debt) is still that which occured prior to the Credit Crunch. Or have all banks now revealed the entire extent of their debts, settled up, and moved on? and the value of property in the US has zero bearing on the value of property in the UK. *if* a recession occurs in the US *and* that is mirrored in the UK, there *might* be an indirect knock on effect. QED But the same could be said for the price of Coffee beans in South America. and you think I stretch a point!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not mugs London will always have
A good Market.

Of course, silly me.

Didn't Estate Agents say that about Spain, Ireland, Saudi Arabia etc etc.

I was once told by an oik in the Halifax BS about 3 years ago (before the Crunch) not to worry about the security of my savings as he had worked there all his life and could assure me it was a 'great Company'.

You'll have to forgive me if I place the value of an Estate Agents opinion somewhere lower than a Football Agent

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here