Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Houghton in or out

Shall we get Chantelle in instead of Chris?

• Yes

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 199 74.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 49 18.3%

• Total voters

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't understand all of this "no better manager out there to get us out of the Championship".

I think people are basing that on his record in the Championship - in four full seasons, two automatic promotions (Newcastle and us) and two playoff semi-finals (Birmingham and us). Not too shabby.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I hope you’re magnanimous enough to come on and eat humble pie if we go on a run or stay up with ease and say you were wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we go on a run or stay up with ease I will happily eat humble pie.

Most important for me is staying up, even by goal difference if necessary. The way things are right now, we are relying on teams being more shit than we are. Unfortunately, Southampton managed to beat bottom of the table Fulham last night so our job just got a bit harder.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think people are basing that on his record in the Championship - in four full seasons, two automatic promotions (Newcastle and us) and two playoff semi-finals (Birmingham and us). Not too shabby.
You are correct. However, that means we would likely have him in charge in the PL again if he got us promoted again.

Let's hope his prowess in The Championship isn't required.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I wonder if CH had a say in the signings or was it down to the recruitment team. I simply don't know.May be blaiming him unfairly. I still think we will scrape enought points to stay up ( fingers and every thing else crossed )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we go on a run or stay up with ease I will happily eat humble pie.

Most important for me is staying up, even by goal difference if necessary. The way things are right now, we are relying on teams being more shit than we are. Unfortunately, Southampton managed to beat bottom of the table Fulham last night so our job just got a bit harder.

Stains were nailed on to beat absolutely dire Fulham at home. So no unexpected setback for us. Fulham’s defending was looked at on MOTD last night ... shocking. Definitely going down.

Beat Hudd and we can all relax a little, then on to the next one.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Has any of the teams who have changed their manager this season made a dramatic improvement? Fulham? Huddersfield? Southampton?

Burnley and Palace have kept with their managers and improved we should do the same. Wouldn't dream of replacing CH.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has any of the teams who have changed their manager this season made a dramatic improvement? Fulham? Huddersfield? Southampton?

Burnley and Palace have kept with their managers and improved we should do the same. Wouldn't dream of replacing CH.

I do think the Stains manager is an improvement on Hughes, I realise that wasn’t difficult.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I haven't read the whole thread (lazy I know) but here is my spin on the manager's future.

If we stay up CH has clearly done his job and deserves to stay on, however if we go down we have a manger with a great record in the Championship and therefore CH must stay.

If we were to address the manager's position it should have been in the January window when we were sitting pretty and dreaming of the Europa League, yes before the Man U game in January we had a chat over a beer about who we wanted away, Valletta, Malta got my vote.

Football is a results industry and we currently aren't getting the results, I have faith in CH for this season and the last couple of months of the season, we aren't playing that badly we just don't / can't play for ninety minutes. However football is also an entertainment industry and personally I often walk away from games feeling we have left something on the pitch and not entertained by our brand of football. I voted fence as CH has done a brilliant job but is he the right person to carry us forward, I am unsure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here