Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hot SWEATY Nights.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Due to the Weather alas.

Any remedies for a decent nights sleep ?

Sleeping Commando, an icepack under the pillow, a fan ( noisy *******s ), a cold shower before bed, some other remedy ?

Energy levels at 1 today and next weekend is going to be like a sweatshop in New Delhi.

Only another 40 days and 40 nights of this

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I quite frequently spend my nights tossing in the nude.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I quite frequently spend my nights tossing in the nude.

I used to do this but now I read the bible before bed and repent my sins. Only Jesus can save me now.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The wrist one isn't, it's one of the fastest places to lose heat from.

2) Cool that pulse point
When you were sick as a child, your mom may have brought you a cold facecloth. This idea works the same way.

Chill your pulse points by running cold water over your wrist for a minute or so each hour. Splashing water on your temples or face can produce a similar effect. And be sure to put some of that tap water into a glass and stay hydrated.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have pictures in my mind, that I would rather not think about.

2) Cool that pulse point
When you were sick as a child, your mom may have brought you a cold facecloth. This idea works the same way.

Chill your pulse points by running cold water over your wrist for a minute or so each hour. Splashing water on your temples or face can produce a similar effect. And be sure to put some of that tap water into a glass and stay hydrated.

I had a mum ffs, I am NOT American.

Jul 7, 2003
I can't sleep at night if I get too warm so a few years ago I invested in a good quality ceiling light/fan combo for the bedroom (not some cheap £29.99 job from B&Q). Still works well and whisper quiet on the low setting so keeps the air moving at night without waking me up. Job done.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A couple of days of hot weather and you are complaining? Enjoy it before it starts snowing again!

Sleep on top of the bed in the nude. Windows and bedroom door open. Fan on if required. Get rid of duvet and have 1 sheet on the bed to get under if you get slightly chilly in the night.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What I can't understand is that, in summer time a warm night and difficulty sleeping is something like 15 degrees yet in wintertime my Mrs keeps whacking the thermo up to 20 as it's cold!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A couple of days of hot weather and you are complaining? Enjoy it before it starts snowing again!

Sleep on top of the bed in the nude. Windows and bedroom door open. Fan on if required. Get rid of duvet and have 1 sheet on the bed to get under if you get slightly chilly in the night.

Indeed. Stop the moaning people, I bloody love the warm weather. I actually find it lovely sleeping on top of the duvet with a window open, bliss.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Drink copious amounts of alcohol and then **** yourself into a coma works for me every time I can sleep no matter what life throws at me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I find the noise of a fan quite soothing ...stick a bottle of frozen water in front of it also helps me ...the only downside of this hot/dry weather for me is the grass cutting side of my work will start to fizzle out a bit ...c'est la vie..3 months n a bit it will be November :)

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I have a fan on all year round. Can't sleep without the noise of a fan. If I'm hot though I just whack one leg out of the duvet. Job done

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Due to the Weather alas.

Any remedies for a decent nights sleep ?

Sleeping Commando, an icepack under the pillow, a fan ( noisy *******s ), a cold shower before bed, some other remedy ?

Energy levels at 1 today and next weekend is going to be like a sweatshop in New Delhi.

Wet flannel on your chest is always a winner.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Several years ago I would've kissed my ex-girlfriend to cool down - cold hearted lass she was. If I kissed her too fast I would get ice cream headache.

Nowadays I merely stand naked in the middle of the living room with my wife blowing every inch of my body (we have no fan) whilst the cat licks my toes.

That's for all you naked tossers out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here