Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Might pop a couple of quid on him to be League One top scorer, if he gets a contract. It'll be just our luck that he finds fitness now and has a storming season. Good luck to him.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really hope it works out well for him up there.
He had an awful time with injuries here and I don't think we ever saw the best of him, apart from the goal against Newcastle.

Best of luck to him.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Found his level at League 1 - never Championship

How on earth do you know that?

He barely ever played for us at this level and when he did it was when he was coming back from a long sustained injury.

Personally, I felt he was extremely unlucky whilst with us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How on earth do you know that?

He barely ever played for us at this level and when he did it was when he was coming back from a long sustained injury.

Personally, I felt he was extremely unlucky whilst with us.

Agree with your comments.

Unlucky with injuries at what should have been the prime of his career, and from the little we saw of him he looked like he could have offered a lot for us being different to other strikers we used. Direct on goal, had great pace and an out and out striker.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Agree with your comments.

Unlucky with injuries at what should have been the prime of his career, and from the little we saw of him he looked like he could have offered a lot for us being different to other strikers we used. Direct on goal, had great pace and an out and out striker.

Yep. Spot on. I was a little gutted when he left, he did not get any fair crack of the whip here.

He is also a very humble down to earth guy too.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
WTF....We are not a charity. 3 seasons and he barely played any matches for us due to injury. His whole career record is injury ridden. Bet he was on a good money...we need to use our smaller budget more effectively

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
WTF....We are not a charity. 3 seasons and he barely played any matches for us due to injury. His whole career record is injury ridden. Bet he was on a good money...we need to use our smaller budget more effectively

Eh? Maybe get some facts correct first. Gary Dicker caused one of his serious injuries in training, his other was down to sheer hard luck.

Don't start all that "were not a charity" drivel.

I know we're not, just saying I felt he did not get a decent chance and if he had a bit more luck he could have done well for us

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
He had one injury free season at Bristol Rovers in his career (the reason we bought him), the rest of his career is in fits and starts. We can't carry players despite them being decent when injury free....

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He had one injury free season at Bristol Rovers in his career (the reason we bought him), the rest of his career is in fits and starts. We can't carry players despite them being decent when injury free....

Which is why he is not now with us. We took a gamble.

Feel sorry for the lad, injuries of that length are very unfortunate.

I felt he had the talent to do well for us. However his injuries cost him a decent Championship career

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here