Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some absolute cretins on here. A player that has been out for ages has a tight hamstring, which is not uncommon after his length of lay off, and now hes useless, never going to play again etc etc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hoskins is one of those players that is sadly injury prone ( or if you like unlucky ). He came to us with this reputation and so far in the 2 and a half seasons at the Amex has only played a handful of games.

I doubt he'll play more than a few minutes for us again and just hope in those few minutes he makes a difference.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The two major injuries that have restricted his appearances for us were a broken foot as a result of a Gary Dicker challenge in training and ruptured knee ligaments in a game that required surgery. When returning from a long spell off niggly muscle problems are part of the process of getting your body fit again for first team action. How any of this is the players fault is beyond me and some of the comments on here criticising Hoskins for these injuries are bordering on ridiculous.

No rational posts here please. He's a sicknote and got injured on purpose because he's lazy is my theory. Get rid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hoskins is one of those players that is sadly injury prone ( or if you like unlucky ). He came to us with this reputation and so far in the 2 and a half seasons at the Amex has only played a handful of games.

I doubt he'll play more than a few minutes for us again and just hope in those few minutes he makes a difference.

It has already been posted that he played 43 games in 2 years at Bristol Rovers so didn't have that much of a reputation. I would say unlucky especially with the death of his baby girl to cope with as well.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The two major injuries that have restricted his appearances for us were a broken foot as a result of a Gary Dicker challenge in training and ruptured knee ligaments in a game that required surgery. When returning from a long spell off niggly muscle problems are part of the process of getting your body fit again for first team action. How any of this is the players fault is beyond me and some of the comments on here criticising Hoskins for these injuries are bordering on ridiculous.

This. It amazes me how people can write someone off purely because they've had an unfortunate time with injuries (when some of the people slating him can't even spell football, let alone play it). If and when he is back fit and given a DECENT (note: not 5 games for all those bellends writing off Stephens & Rodriguez) run in the team then we can begin to judge him as a player.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It has already been posted that he played 43 games in 2 years at Bristol Rovers so didn't have that much of a reputation. I would say unlucky especially with the death of his baby girl to cope with as well.

43 games out of a possible 100 (2 seasons of 46 league games, plus 2 FA Cup, 2 League Cup, 2 Paintpot, and 2 others), suggests he was absent 57% of the time. That, to me, suggests a fairly significant susceptibility to absence/injury, before he joined us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I remember a quote from supporters of one of his previous clubs that he was injury prone and noted it at the time.

It'll probably be too arduous to trawl the internet for it though as I've no recollection where I read it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Exactly what I was post. Niggly injuries are only to be expected for him and CMS. I wouldn't doubt he could have played if he had to and probably been okay, but now he's close to full fitness why risk it? Can't wait to see him and CMS back in action, although I do wonder how either of them will fit into Oscars plan, unless he decided to form a partnership with one of them and Ulloa.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Exactly what I was post. Niggly injuries are only to be expected for him and CMS. I wouldn't doubt he could have played if he had to and probably been okay, but now he's close to full fitness why risk it? Can't wait to see him and CMS back in action, although I do wonder how either of them will fit into Oscars plan, unless he decided to form a partnership with one of them and Ulloa.

Well, it was nice to see CMS scurrying around the Amex pitch again last night, completely isolated up front as usual and looking in vain for any support. Very nostalgic.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well, it was nice to see CMS scurrying around the Amex pitch again last night, completely isolated up front as usual and looking in vain for any support. Very nostalgic.
I get the feeling though, if we had Wayne Rooney up front, he'd be completely isolated and looking in vain for support. That's my problem with Oscar, and shithead (poyet). I firmly believe in the players we have. I think we have the players to be at least up there with Burnley. I fear the tactics will not work and Do not work. Before anyone quotes Oscar on Saturday, about looking at the stats, I'd say **** the stats, look at the game. Their keeper made one half decent save out of 20+ shots, and its the same most weeks.

Ulloa, Hoskins, CMS or Rooney, I don't it will improve until the quaility of chances improve, and all the time we stick one up front and play they way we do, we're not going to score goals on a regular basis!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I get the feeling though, if we had Wayne Rooney up front, he'd be completely isolated and looking in vain for support. That's my problem with Oscar, and shithead (poyet). I firmly believe in the players we have. I think we have the players to be at least up there with Burnley. I fear the tactics will not work and Do not work. Before anyone quotes Oscar on Saturday, about looking at the stats, I'd say **** the stats, look at the game. Their keeper made one half decent save out of 20+ shots, and its the same most weeks.

Ulloa, Hoskins, CMS or Rooney, I don't it will improve until the quaility of chances improve, and all the time we stick one up front and play they way we do, we're not going to score goals on a regular basis!

Absolutely spot on, I've been saying this for years now. I'd hoped things would change under Garcia but it's the same old, same old.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
A little off subject but didn't feel the need for a whole new thread, but is missing Hoskins a case of a player being held in higher regard due to being out injured for so long? Is he the answer to all our prayers if he comes back fully fit? He did score a good goal against Cardiff and took his goal verses Newcastle very well. I also remember against Bolton at home last year where he could/should of had at least a hattrick only for ngog to steal a point. Really looking forward to seeing him play again but I'm not sure if he is as good as some are making out. I hope I'm wrong.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
So Monday we're told that he won't play for the U21's as a precautionary measure cos of tightness in his leg, then last night OG says he is injured, has he got injured between Monday morning & last night or was it BS in the 1st place?

So Monday we're told that he won't play for the U21's as a precautionary measure cos of tightness in his leg, then last night OG says he is injured, has he got injured between Monday morning & last night or was it BS in the 1st place?

Because "tightness" in the leg could be a symptom of something more than a bit of cramp.
Seven years ago my GP concluded, after four months of nominal* investigation, that I was suffering from heartburn and suggested I should take some Gaviscon. 3 months later after an emergency admission and minus 75% of my colon the histology showed stage 3/4 bowel cancer. Today, after six surgical operations, five courses of chemotherapy, 25+ CT/MRI scans and over a 100 hospital visits I would have quite liked this GP to have kept with his continuous professional development obligations. Perhaps he's related to the doctor who mis-diagnosed Hoskins pre-season tour injury that resulted in him being played too early and subsequently missing most of the 2011/12 season. He then gets crocked by a tackle in training (broken something I think) and tears a cruciate ligament shortly after his return at the Amex early last year. So what's wrong with wrapping him up in cotton wool during his third comeback from serious injury? Where's the BS here?

*the descriptive term used by my oncology consultant

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
My point was, has the leg " tightness" developed into another injury that will keep him out again OR were the club just telling us it was "precautionary" when they knew it was yet again another setback, hence OG's comment that Hoskins is injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here