Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Will be gutted if Hosky goes... (maybe they want more room in the Physio room for Owen.).... serious tho he does look good when he plays.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
I think his injuries this year haven't filled gus with confidence... they don't seem to be injuries you can put a time frame on.. they've all been the type of injuries that are a nightmare to deal with for a medical team because you can't directly see or locate the pain, its all been unexplained niggles and shooting pains down his right side ranging from his knee, thigh, hip ..

donno its not like when buckley or lua lua gets injured and they've broken a leg or tore a hamstring and will be out for a few weeks... if they can't tell anything about these niggly sharp shooting pains then its hard to know how to improve the situation...

maybe he just prefers drinking tea in the medical room with vicente?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Probably wouldn't pass a medical then?

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
By the sound of his twitter it doesn't sound like he wants too leave, ???

I have only just got back from my injuries and looking to bang some goals in. Would be disappointed if it is true.

Twitter

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I certainly hope he doesn't go as we havent seen the best of him by far (and he seemed to show a lot of promise in pre-season), but things dont appear to encouraging at the moment...

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Probably wouldn't pass a medical then?

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

well he's meant to be fit and on the return now so might currently pass, but maybe gus feels its not worth taking a gamble on it reoccurring.. i think he's quality and will obviously score goals when fit but the type of injuries he's getting don't sound like the type of thing that just disappears. To me it sounds like the unexplained, re-occurring, niggly type injuries that plague players careers i.e owen, vicente, hargreaves.. although i hope i'm wrong because there's no doubting his ability.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just cannot believe this, Hoskins is one of Gus's signings and must be in his long term plans, only way is if Gus has what he sees as a better striker lined up, but still I think he is one short.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If we resign Murray with the money we get then I'll be more than happy, won't happen but I'm annoyed at the fact we're selling one of the decent players(when fit)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Could be a silver lining afterall, theres a rumour on twitter now that a Harley bid has been accepted by Ballmouth. If only......

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I just cannot believe this, Hoskins is one of Gus's signings and must be in his long term plans, only way is if Gus has what he sees as a better striker lined up, but still I think he is one short.
Absolutely. We've nursed him back from injury and I'd be less than happy if/when he starts banging goals in elsewhere

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i do wonder sometimes with gus,first cooky now hoskins???

Cook was great business for someone who had played 3 games for us.

Hoskins he obviously dosent fancy as much as he thought, sometimes its not that you dont want to keep players, but a decent offer comes in and you can get someone more suitable to what we need.

If it enables us to get a more suitable partner for CMS in then its a good sale.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Will await confirmation but will be very suprised and saddened if true.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Something doesn't add up here. After the Peterborough game on Seagull Player Gus goes on, (about 2 miniutes into the interview), about the decision to bring on Toby over Hoskins. He says it was a tough decision because he knows the quality, strength and power of Hoskins that he gives us now and in the future. What happened in 4 days to change that. As someone else said any replacement better be bloody good.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so he would rather get rid of hoskins over barnes? sorry meant i would rather get rid of barnes than hoskins

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Cook was great business for someone who had played 3 games for us.

Hoskins he obviously dosent fancy as much as he thought, sometimes its not that you dont want to keep players, but a decent offer comes in and you can get someone more suitable to what we need.

If it enables us to get a more suitable partner for CMS in then its a good sale.

but making our squad weaker?listen in gus i trust,but just find on this instance(unless others coming in),our squad is weaker,i have watched most resie games and cooky was a genuine talent that was only going to get better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports