Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't know if it's true or not, as I said, I can't remember who told me. Whoever it was suggested that at least two of the summer signings were Stephenson's call, and given that Poyet subsequently fell out with Stephenson, perhaps it's inevitable that players viewed as not his own might be less favoured. Hoskins was definitely one of the players mentioned, I can't recall who the other one was. It wasn't CMS, I know that.

Could be getting my dates wrong but apparently we were interested in Hoskins last January - so people have said on this very thread etc. I'm sure Stephenson wasn't with us then? If both of those statements are true then it suggests the Stephenson-Hoskins thing isn't true?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Can't see what the point in selling him is

Can't be to raise funds for another striker if we are spending 300k on Murray Wallace

FFS Murray, making us lose Hoskins

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'll probably me made to eat my words later on but ...... I find it remarkable that just because some local rag has suggested we've agreed a fee that everyone thinks it's true. I would imagine Andy Naylor's tweet was based on the Echo's story. Hoskins might not know about it because it just isn't true ?

Personally I don't think he's going anywhere but what do I know !

Agree with you. So many people are quick to jump on the "the club haven't told him, it's a disgrace" line, when it may well not be true.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can't see what the point in selling him is

Can't be to raise funds for another striker if we are spending 300k on Murray Wallace

where did you hear that concerning marray wallace?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The key thing I feel is that BHAFC haven't released this info or leaked it - it's come from the Bournemouth side... so any concern Hosky has about how it's been 'released' would be with AFCB

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
If it's legit then good luck to you. Cook and Hoskins are both comfortably good enough for the Championship so you're buying in some real quality for league one. Have you signed anyone else over the window?

No, just made loans for Wes Thomas perm - as with for Cook. Malone, Daniels earlier in the season. Hoskins would be the feather in the cap..IF he comes here. We'll see.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't want him to go. Always looks good when he plays, knows where the goal is and just recovering from injury. And sounds like he doesnt want to go.

I'm hoping this is not true personally.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Could be getting my dates wrong but apparently we were interested in Hoskins last January - so people have said on this very thread etc. I'm sure Stephenson wasn't with us then? If both of those statements are true then it suggests the Stephenson-Hoskins thing isn't true?

Don't think it was January, but I think it was at the end of the loan window (March maybe??). Pretty sure we were going for a loan to buy deal and we'd offered £900k. Brizzle decided not to sell in an attempt to stay up hence why we got him cheaper in the summer.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He is clearly shocked from his Twitter comments! I'll be sad if he goes.

''Hosky_7 Will Hoskins
Quite alot to take in at the moment. This has all been sprung on me. Not gonna comment anymore though as u possibly know more than me lol '' 45 mins ago

'Hosky_7 Will Hoskins
Just got in from training reading all my tweets. Shocked as u all are. Football is a mad game.' 1 hour ago

''Hosky_7 Will Hoskins
I have only just got back from my injuries and looking to bang some goals in. Would be disappointed if it is true.'' 1 hour ago

''Hosky_7 Will Hoskins
My comment about being disappointed was not aimed at the club #afcb but about a fee being agreed as only joined #bhafc in the summer.'' 47mins ago

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Considering the amount of media interest in Mr Owen and us which turned out to be a pile of cowie pooh I'll need a bit more proof than what's been said so far.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Flame me if i'm incorrect; I understood that just because we have, albeit allegedly, accepted a bid for Hosky, does not mean that he will be leaving. Its not like he has any say in the matter, is it?

Would prefer him to stay to be honest, thought he's looked handy in what little we've seen of him.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Seems he found out on twitter which is abit shit for him! Echo tweeted £350k rejected £450k excepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here