Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
When did that happen?

Start of the season - our drunken chairman and the russian Maxin Demin are now 50-50 shareholders. I think whats happened is that the wage structure has changed and we have been able to spend the money recouped last year on the players we got rid of, instead of just having to pay the debts off with it.

Still can't get used to it and will probably all end in tears - but sod it, I've had enough of being miserable LOL!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
When did they become rich?
When the Russians moved in.

Apparently a local chap that lives at Sandbanks near Boremuff has a few quid spare, he has just got to clear it with Rosie

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think now Hoskisn is fit he has looked very promising. But as always in the transfer window - there is so much we don;t know. People are remarkably definitive on NSC without knowing all the facts. Maybe Gus didn't choose him - maybe we have someone else lined up - maybe he just doesn't fit - who the hell knows. What we do know is that when fir, he's looked pretty good. Shame to lose him if he goes but in Gus we Trust.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looking at it from that angle it makes a bit better sense, I suppose. But I would definitely prefer him to stay, if we use that money to bring Kitson in. Given half a chance, WH could bang in a few goals in for us. It makes it worse, knowing that we agreed a fee without his knowledge.

I don't know if it's true or not, as I said, I can't remember who told me. Whoever it was suggested that at least two of the summer signings were Stephenson's call, and given that Poyet subsequently fell out with Stephenson, perhaps it's inevitable that players viewed as not his own might be less favoured. Hoskins was definitely one of the players mentioned, I can't recall who the other one was. It wasn't CMS, I know that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As an aside, the day that Portsmouth are officially the turd on the shoe of south coast football looms ever closer. This time next year, Portsmouth and Bournemouth could well have swapped divisions.

Very pleasing outcome.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Start of the season - our drunken chairman and the russian Maxin Demin are now 50-50 shareholders. I think whats happened is that the wage structure has changed and we have been able to spend the money recouped last year on the players we got rid of, instead of just having to pay the debts off with it.

Still can't get used to it and will probably all end in tears - but sod it, I've had enough of being miserable LOL!!

If it's legit then good luck to you. Cook and Hoskins are both comfortably good enough for the Championship so you're buying in some real quality for league one. Have you signed anyone else over the window?

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Surely before we agree a fee, we needed to have sat down with Hoskins to ask him about it? This is shocking.

This club...

i disagree i think the player should be informed only when a bid is accepted, say it was bridcutt and man u coming in for him.. if the fee wasn't accepted and we told him of the bid then the thought of man u and premiership footy could potentially unsettle him before a bids even accepted... much rather have it this way round..

I remember gus saying in an interview that all Hoskin's injuries have been down his right side, and could be connected, maybe they know something we don't .. its a shame if he goes because he is the most clinical striker at the club in my opinion, and didn't seem to be injury prone up until he joined us... still as others have said we don't know if it's good business till a replacement comes in.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't know if it's true or not, as I said, I can't remember who told me. Whoever it was suggested that at least two of the summer signings were Stephenson's call, and given that Poyet subsequently fell out with Stephenson, perhaps it's inevitable that players viewed as not his own might be less favoured. Hoskins was definitely one of the players mentioned, I can't recall who the other one was. It wasn't CMS, I know that.

Bergkamp...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Bergkamp ?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

If I recall correctly, wasn't it Bergkamp that was signed by Stephenson too? I am sure I read that somewhere.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Was it Bergkamp?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll probably me made to eat my words later on but ...... I find it remarkable that just because some local rag has suggested we've agreed a fee that everyone thinks it's true. I would imagine Andy Naylor's tweet was based on the Echo's story. Hoskins might not know about it because it just isn't true ?

Personally I don't think he's going anywhere but what do I know !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i disagree i think the player should be informed only when a bid is accepted, say it was bridcutt and man u coming in for him.. if the fee wasn't accepted and we told him of the bid then the thought of man u and premiership footy could potentially unsettle him before a bids even accepted... much rather have it this way round..

Exactly correct.

The ones in teh wrong, are whoever at B'muff leaked it to the Echo, not the Albion, who have correctly said nothing.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009

Buckley? they were together at Watford I think

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Surely it was Buckley?

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
Never a dull moment at the albion!

I thought Barnes being sold to Bristol City (when they sell Maynard) was more likely than Hoskins going out the door.... but hey, what do I know?

What odds McLean from Hull coming in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports