Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins, Sparrow, Vincelot - Disgraceful treatment!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I find the club's treatment of these players shockingly bad and totally unprofessional, they were signed in good faith and in the case of Sparrow played for several years, the other two were barely given a chance and now are not even listed as first team players on the website/programme.

If Gus thinks he can force them out to cover up his poor judgement of signing them in the first place and then discovering they don't fit his requirements, I think he may have a fight with the PFA. They do not deserve to be treated like this (whatever may have gone on behind the scenes) and I doubt the rest of the dressing room are impressed with the club treating contracted players in this manner.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I find the club's treatment of these players shockingly bad and totally unprofessional, they were signed in good faith and in the case of Sparrow played for several years, the other two were barely given a chance and now are not even listed as first team players on the website/programme.

If Gus thinks he can force them out to cover up his poor judgement of signing them in the first place and then discovering they don't fit his requirements, I think he may have a fight with the PFA. They do not deserve to be treated like this (whatever may have gone on behind the scenes) and I doubt the rest of the dressing room are impressed with the club treating contracted players in this manner.

You forgot the slaggings-off in the press as well. I do agree, it is a disgrace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's said they can find a ew club as they are not in his plans, but they are being paid and training with the first team. What's the problem ? And the Hoskins story has only come from the Argus

Feb 14, 2010
Diddumms. Poor little professional footballers, next the club will ask you to buy your own food like everyone else does at work.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club can't win. At the end of last season, people were saying we needed to get rid of the dead wood. Gus said that players who weren't needed had been told, or released.
Now people are whinging because it has come out who has been told that they are no longer needed?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree entirely, the public treatment of them is bizarre. There is absolutely no justification for leaving them off the programme at all. That is embarrassing and very amateurish, we should be better than that. In the case of Sparrow, in particular, it's made even more baffling by the fact we have no option but to include Ryan Harley who so far hasn't offered anything, including work rate. I know who I'd rather have seen come off the bench on tuesday night.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The club can't win. At the end of last season, people were saying we needed to get rid of the dead wood. Gus said that players who weren't needed had been told, or released.
Now people are whinging because it has come out who has been told that they are no longer needed?

Precisely - they are still being paid and are training.

Mind you quite liked Vincelot............

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be fair it's only a handful of cocks. They will be on here mouthing it off on today's match thread instead of going.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's all part of professional football. No room for sentiment I'm afraid, these players get paid a shedful of money (by comparison to the average bloke) and with that comes the potential for some discomfort and uncertainty. They know what it's all about

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Especially when you have some twats grizzling that 'Gus won't admit he got it wrong with CMS...' :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's all part of professional football. No room for sentiment I'm afraid, these players get paid a shedful of money (by comparison to the average bloke) and with that comes the potential for some discomfort and uncertainty. They know what it's all about

No, you're wrong. Being treated like this is completely wrong and unproffesional by the club. What exactly is their crime? Not being signed by/for another club? Hardly crime of the century, is it. It's a clear attempt to force them out and what they're earning is an irrelevance, they're under contract and we would expect them to honour it when it suits us, why should we treat them like this because it doesn't?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, you're wrong. Being treated like this is completely wrong and unproffesional by the club. What exactly is their crime? Not being signed by/for another club? Hardly crime of the century, is it. It's a clear attempt to force them out and what they're earning is an irrelevance, they're under contract and we would expect them to honour it when it suits us, why should we treat them like this because it doesn't?

So Poyet should be putting them in the squad just because they are contracted? Riiiiight.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The terms of their contract are being honoured, they're being paid, looked after, insured etc.

That's different from saying there's an obligation for them to be picked. Gus sees them as surplus to requirements - for whatever reason(s). It's his (or any manager's) right to pick and drop the players he sees fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They've been given the opportunity to find another club whilst the transfer window is open. I suspect they haven't made much of an effort to do it, so their agents have been publicising the fact that they are available through the press. The press is hardly likely to put a positive spin on it as that doesn't sell papers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here