Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham FC - Council turn Ground Application Down - Help needed

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
Here we go...another local club in danger of disappearing due to the local nimbys...the local paper has been receiving letters from the nimbys discussing the problem with football hooligans, noise, traffic and the Sex Pistols concert that would be held there!
Now if only they realised, that having a football club on their doorstep was better than houses, waste incinerators,etc.
They need help and support from all the football fans in the county.
I am sure any suggestions/assistance/letters to the Council would be more than welcome.
As we have been through this, support to another club in need is required.

http://goatzoneforum.yuku.com/topic/1864?page=1

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where does that leave them, they are groundsharing at Worthing for two years without a home, could be fatal.

Most do not make it out of Worthing alive. Two years would be quite a good innings.

Sorry to hear that Sully and good luck with the fight. Lobbying the local MP would be a start, but I am sure that has already been done. Difficult to convince people that a football club is not the root of all evils. I shall get my Horsham District friends to write some letters.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Most do not make it out of Worthing alive. Two years would be quite a good innings.

Sorry to hear that Sully and good luck with the fight. Lobbying the local MP would be a start, but I am sure that has already been done. Difficult to convince people that a football club is not the root of all evils. I shall get my Horsham District friends to write some letters.

"Inevitably there will be clashes between residents and football supporters," quote from the planning meeting and "We don't want to create a situation where we are putting the residents in conflict with another set of residents in the town."

What are they expecting riots! They played Swansea in the FA cup last year and the last I looked Horsham was still intact.

Sound like the locals are pretty rough, I feel sorry for Frank, a regular at the cricket with his dog Sophie, I wonder how ill advised it was to sell your ground buy land and then expect to get planning for your new stadia.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Sorry to hear that Sully and good luck with the fight. Lobbying the local MP would be a start, but I am sure that has already been done. Difficult to convince people that a football club is not the root of all evils.

I shall get my Horsham District friends to write some letters.

NSC very own super fan:drink:

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Here we go...another local club in danger of disappearing due to the local nimbys...the local paper has been receiving letters from the nimbys discussing the problem with football hooligans, noise, traffic and the Sex Pistols concert that would be held there!
Now if only they realised, that having a football club on their doorstep was better than houses, waste incinerators,etc.
They need help and support from all the football fans in the county.
I am sure any suggestions/assistance/letters to the Council would be more than welcome.
As we have been through this, support to another club in need is required.

http://goatzoneforum.yuku.com/topic/1864?page=1

we had the same arguements used against Slough Town in their quest for a new ground and Slough is a fuckin shithole.

Jul 7, 2003
Knowing that area of Horsham well, I was amazed when I heard HFC had bought the old SunAlliance Social Club grounds. It is in the middle of an established residential area so was always going to be a big gamble in trying to get planning permission. Actually buying the ground before having permission was a desperate act.

Wasn't the main reason they went for this site because the original plans for a ground near Southwater (a much more suitable location) didn't materialise?

I really hope that they find somewhere suitable but anyone who thought this site would be a realistic prospect was kidding themselves.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
"5.53pm - First objector Mr Geoff Adams pleads with the council to reject the plans: "Your decision tonight will affect our lives, and those of our children, for many years," he says."

At least someones "thinking of the children".

But what about the one's in Mile Oak?

On a more serious note, this is bollocks. Hope there's some way they can get this overturned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here