Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham 2 AFC Wimbledon 3

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
So AFC Wimbledon turned up at Queens Street defending a 60 odd match unbeaten run.

Horsham, with John Westcott on the wing, battled hard, and were leading 2-1 until 89th minute when AFC Wimbledon equalised, and scored winner in injury time.

Useful looking team....although a lot of last years team appeared to have moved on (they did score 180 goals in the league!) they should be good enough to go through this league.

Crowd of 1,747.....about 1200 supporting AFC Wimbledon..icluding some Bournemouth supporters who refused to go to watch their team play Franchise! Good on them..we all applaud their support of AFC Wimbledon.

Unlucky Horsham...good luck AFC Wimbledon...roll on the day you get higher in the League than Franchise United!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This really brings home to me the fact that the fixtures computer got it wrong this season.

AFC Wimbledon's last game - presumably to celebrate another championship - is away at Burgess Hill, whose record league attendance is something like 470. They won't know what's hit them when 2,000 AFC Wimbledon fans turn up!!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
sully said:
This really brings home to me the fact that the fixtures computer got it wrong this season.

AFC Wimbledon's last game - presumably to celebrate another championship - is away at Burgess Hill, whose record league attendance is something like 470. They won't know what's hit them when 2,000 AFC Wimbledon fans turn up!!

I only wish I could go (I live in Burgess Hill) to support AFC but I'll be in Rotherham supporting the Albion. Good luck to AFC Wimbledon!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There were loads in the station pub for a while after the game singing and getting laods of supportive toots of car horns.

keep it going AFC Wimbledon. They should have called themselves Real Wimbledon.

Shame it was the same day as Crawley vs Aldershot or both sides would have got bigger gates.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
B Hill will be ok, they will put the temporary stands up etc.

Definately making sure i get to that game tho.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
So John Westcott continues to move down the leagues as he tries to find his true level. I predict that he'll be playing for Newhaven in County League Div 3 within two years! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here