Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horse burgers

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
Im an old fashioned bloke an like a good old beef burger. been servin em up in the bar for yonks and never had no complaints. the cook is a local lad an he has just got hold of some cheap horse meat. he reckons if we mince it up the punters will never no the difference. he reckons its healthy to so we are doing them a favor really. better for there hearts. now i'm not sure if this is a good idea or not but it is cheap an we can make a few bob on this. do you reckon i should just serve it up and keep schtum? at the end of the day cows horses dogs is just all meat really aint it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think you should get the barmen to serve it up wearing Jockey outfits, hats, crops n' all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is this cook an immediate descendant of Mrs Lovett (accomplice of Sweeney Todd) by any chance?

Im an old fashioned bloke an like a good old beef burger. been servin em up in the bar for yonks and never had no complaints. the cook is a local lad an he has just got hold of some cheap horse meat. he reckons if we mince it up the punters will never no the difference. he reckons its healthy to so we are doing them a favor really. better for there hearts. now i'm not sure if this is a good idea or not but it is cheap an we can make a few bob on this. do you reckon i should just serve it up and keep schtum? at the end of the day cows horses dogs is just all meat really aint it?

You are what you eat.

Don' want tham thar mules kickin' down yo stall now pardner, do ya?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I've had horse(i think) it tasted fine. Think of all the crap that goes in a burger , i don't think people will worry too much

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've had horse(i think) it tasted fine. Think of all the crap that goes in a burger , i don't think people will worry too much

That is a very good point. I would feel better eating horse meat that can be identified as oppose to a burger with God knows what shit in it. Literally shit if Fast Food Nation is to be believed.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I would be pretty pissed off if I was given a horse burger without being told first! I dont know how attractive advertising horse bugers would be to customers, it just sounds horrible!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Serve it up. The only person who is going to object on here apart from young Daniel (above) is going to be Gareth Glover (Uncle Spielberg)

He liked Desert Orchid for some reason.

The only objection to horsemeat that I can think of is that making superglue is probably better use of a dead horse. (You can't make it from pigs and sheep). That said, if you don't need the meat from a horse to make superglue then as I say I have no objections personally.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think that traditional chorizo would often be made out of horsemeat, esp. in South America.

Any time you hear someone saying "ooh yuk, they eat that in France but WE don't" - that person is talking arsewater: horsemeat was very commonly eaten pre-war in the UK too.

Not sure why any carnivore is discerning about a particular type of animal being ok to eat and others - dogs, say - aren't. It's not purely because they're domesticated: people both eat and cuddle rabbits, for example.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Serve it up. The only person who is going to object on here apart from young Daniel (above) is going to be Gareth Glover (Uncle Spielberg)

He liked Desert Orchid for some reason.

The only objection to horsemeat that I can think of is that making superglue is probably better use of a dead horse. (You can't make it from pigs and sheep). That said, if you don't need the meat from a horse to make superglue then as I say I have no objections personally.

you really don't have a clue do you

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you really don't have a clue do you
No mate, I don't. So what was so special about Desert Orchid? The way I see it is that if anything, he'd probably be quite lean and therefore make a cracking horseburger.

I'm sure you disagree but not sure why.

I would be pretty pissed off if I was given a horse burger without being told first! I dont know how attractive advertising horse bugers would be to customers, it just sounds horrible!

Wasn't a global burger chain contemplating using worms as a nutritious filler for their burgers ? I seem to remember the story on the news in Canada when I was there. Horse meat, worms, hell-we might even find beef in burgers one day!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No mate, I don't. So what was so special about Desert Orchid? The way I see it is that if anything, he'd probably be quite lean and therefore make a cracking horseburger.

I'm sure you disagree but not sure why.

It takes a cold heart to be so callous of our animals friends, this horse had far more commendable qualities than most of the people who post on NSC imho, I would rather be in the company of animals than human beings to be frank, a lot of the time, certainly my dogs , if you had a dog and it died would you have it for your Sunday roast, maybe you would, a feel its a shame to feel like you do. The Gold Cup victory of DO was one of the greatest sporting moments of all time. Maybe you would make a good burger if you died.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It takes a cold heart to be so callous of our animals friends, this horse had far more commendable qualities than most of the people who post on NSC imho, I would rather be in the company of animals than human beings to be frank, a lot of the time, certainly my dogs , if you had a dog and it died would you have it for your Sunday roast, maybe you would, a feel its a shame to feel like you do. The Gold Cup victory of DO was one of the greatest sporting moments of all time. Maybe you would make a good burger if you died.

But would a horse make a good pet?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

that is priceless. straight to gold!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here