Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooray Portsmouth lost at home

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I think he is quite good and could do the job an ageing Calderon is expected to do. That is providing they dont expect stupid mmone like £500k.

Talking to a friend whose a Pompey supporter and he reckons he has a £275000 release clause.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Talking to a friend whose a Pompey supporter and he reckons he has a £275000 release clause.

What, he has to pay 275k to a club that wants to sign him?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As this board's resident Shrewsbury fan, I'm pleased that we've made you happy.

First time we've won there for decades.

To be fair, they've been so consistently Massive and Successful, that you can't have played them that frequently, surely?

I hope you took some time out of your day to pay tribute to The Greatest Fans In The World whilst you were there.

Jan 30, 2008
no , got some fond memories of Pompey at the Goldstone, seen some of them run out of the north stand , some of them in the the bottom corner of north stand (older chaps) seen them have the entire north stand and seen them marching mob handed off of Sackville road after an evening game when they left the game early , young nipper at the time, they looked impressive :eek:

regards
DR

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
And when half the east side of the south stand where they were met by the home fans from the west side of the south on the pitch. So glad they are not in our league, having said that our lot were no angels back then.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The only time I have been hit at a football match was Brighton vs Portsmouth, '92 in the FA Cup. I got elbowed on the nose by a Brighton fan taking a swing at a Portsmouth fan in the north. My friend's dad, picked the Portsmouth fan up and handed him over to the police. :bowdown:

What happened to Matty Edwards?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Everybody has to start somewhere and hope to get spotted and then move up. Joe Hart was playing for Shrewsbury now one of the best in the world.

Joe Hart was picked up after 50-odd games for Shrewsbury - OBVIOUSLY a very talented player.

Jed Wallace has played over 100 games for #twats and has been so good, he was loaned out to Farnborough Town and Whitehawk.

He's a decent player at League Two level but not good enough for us

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would say a day out to Portsmouth/Fratton park is more enjoyable than going to Selhurst park in IMHO
regards
DR
The two occasions I visited (I think we won both) in the 80's, they put us at the opposite end to the Fratton end and on the side. Must have missed half the game as the view was so appalling.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only time I have been hit at a football match was Brighton vs Portsmouth, '92 in the FA Cup. I got elbowed on the nose by a Brighton fan taking a swing at a Portsmouth fan in the north. My friend's dad, picked the Portsmouth fan up and handed him over to the police. :bowdown:

What happened to Matty Edwards?
I remember that. The Pompey fan walked down the steps wearing his fking Pompey bobble hat. What sort of fckwitt does that and not expect a slap?

Jan 30, 2008
The two occasions I visited (I think we won both) in the 80's, they put us at the opposite end to the Fratton end and on the side. Must have missed half the game as the view was so appalling.
milton end terrace view was ok , "on the side" was that the terrace under the seats main stand ???
regards
DR

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joe Hart was picked up after 50-odd games for Shrewsbury - OBVIOUSLY a very talented player.

Jed Wallace has played over 100 games for #twats and has been so good, he was loaned out to Farnborough Town and Whitehawk.

He's a decent player at League Two level but not good enough for us

Barnes was loaned from Plymouth to Eastbourne but look at him now. If the £275k fee is correct is he not worth the gamble as you could resell him to a Div 1 or 2 club for a large part of that if he proved not good enough for The Championship? Just a thought but I am sure the club would have had him watched.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My wife and I were asked by a company to take a pub on Eastern Rd ? near Fratton Station on a recommendation from the police due to our ability to ' clean up' rough houses but we declined that one as it was horrendous and a drug den. Cant remember the name but it was near an estate. possibly Rising Sun or similar. It has probably lost its licence by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here