Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hoodles - The Real Issue

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I personally don't like the hooded tops.
They feel like pyjama wear for the home not for being out and about in.
Some People I see without the hoods ups I think what's the point of that hood if it's not on the head?
If the hood is not in use then i worry it leaves mep a bit exposed in a fight or if in a public place and a prankster wants to put something nasty in there so when i put my hood up its now on my head.
They restrict perephial vision too so quite dangerous.
But on some people they do look cool and if they are happy wearing them then people can wear what they want,it's nobody else's businesses except theirs I guess.
Live your life in whatever clothes you want to wear,not what you think other people say you should be wearing.thats what I reckon anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing sadder than seeing builders, plasterers and plumbers driving small white vans smoking a rollup with their Hoodies up. Looks like Assassins Creed on tour.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I personally don't like the hooded tops.
They feel like pyjama wear for the home not for being out and about in.
Some People I see without the hoods ups I think what's the point of that hood if it's not on the head?
If the hood is not in use then i worry it leaves mep a bit exposed in a fight or if in a public place and a prankster wants to put something nasty in there so when i put my hood up its now on my head.
They restrict perephial vision too so quite dangerous.
But on some people they do look cool and if they are happy wearing them then people can wear what they want,it's nobody else's businesses except theirs I guess.
Live your life in whatever clothes you want to wear,not what you think other people say you should be wearing.thats what I reckon anyway.

Exactly, I'm sure as many people think I dress like a tit as I do them, if you're comfortable, good for you.

I'm not a fan of hoods full stop. only hooded garment I have is a Hawkwood wax/cotton smock for inclement weather. hawkwood.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think it's ok to wear a hoodie or even a hoodle if you are over 41 as long as you don't have the hood up, with a baseball cap and dark glasses !

Oh, and your jeans so low on your waist that the crotch is around your knees and everyone can see the brand of boxers you are wearing. (Unless your beer gut overhangs it)

Beat me to it! Nothing wrong with them in isolation but it's the associated look and attitude that you describe that screams douche bag!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently those of an age should now be in loose fitting cardis and roll necks.

I must admit I did a frisson of excitement at the mention of loose fitting cardi
But I doubt this is what they had in mind:-

Starsky-Hutch-August-1989.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Apparently those of an age should now be in loose fitting cardis and roll necks.

I must admit I did a frisson of excitement at the mention of loose fitting cardi

View attachment 130178
I've always been partial to a roll neck [emoji3]

Funnily enough though I do have a loose fitting cardigan . . .

. . . With a hood.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
My garage is now my cave/ workshop. In the colder months I wear my Lidl fleece lined hoodie to keep warm. I also have a Bletchley park hoodie courtesy of my daughter who works there.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

View attachment 130178
My nan knitted me, my brothers and my dad one of those Starsky coats! [emoji3]

52 and I wear a hoodie most days. Never wear the hood up. Biggest thing for me is whether they are zipped or not. Prefer zipped cause if I'm too hot I can undo it. Also, when whipping non zipped ones off, it can cause the belly to be shown! Hopefully I won't mind in a month after a dry November. [emoji846][emoji1634]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I totally agreed with Liew on football weekly, I'm 38 and won't wear them.

I think unless it's for sport/exercise then it shouldn't be allowed over 25.

If you're skinny or in good shape, it's slightly more acceptable. If you're overweight, don't even think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here