Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honda quitting F1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Jenson can get a job as the new Stig, if he's not the current one.

Last time Honda quit they were World Champions I think, I was looking forward to seeing how they did this year now that Ross Brawn has had a year there. Shame

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is a shame, if one of the biggest teams in F1 is pulling the plug it makes you wonder what the state of play is with the rest of them...anything less than 20 cars running and it won't be anywhere near as competitive, or entertaining.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Sign of the times ,as honda also would not have any other sponsership it did not help there case ,and with the slow down of car sales world wide they had no chance in the world of F1,

Wonder were Button and co will end up.

we will await to see if they have any chance of being taken over ?????

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perhaps Max Mosley should have a whip round.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Never really understood Hondas reluctance to have advertising on their cars. Surely missing out on big bucks.
I reckon that it's certainly bye bye for Rubinho. Button could stand a chance of a drive though. I can see a few teams (McLaren with Heiki for example) giving their no.2 driver 4 or 5 races to impress and the have Jenson waiting to take over.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very sad, used to have BAR [and then Honda] as a customer in a previous job so know alot of the guys there and would be sad to lose their jobs at Christmas!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sounds like all their staff are going to be made redundant as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here