Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Homophobic Language

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Report on the BBC website reporting that the police are investigating after reports of homophobic language used towards both players and supporters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Note, it was their own supporters who reported it.

Forest added: "We would like to thank all our supporters who reported incidents."
It’s a cracking away day and the Forest fans we talked to in the boozer were decent and knowledgeable. It’s no surprise that many of them find that unacceptable.

Football needs edge and banter, but not at the cost of bullying or excluding sections of society. 95% of fans get it.

Forest strong on their anti-discrimination message over PA too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s a cracking away day and the Forest fans we talked to in the boozer were decent and knowledgeable. It’s no surprise that many of them find that unacceptable.

Football needs edge and banter, but not at the cost of bullying or excluding sections of society. 95% of fans get it.

I do believe that 90% of people in Society today don't like a bigoted **** and although they may not call them a bigoted **** and possibly not even use the word ****, they will still recognise them as being a complete and utter bigoted **** :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Although I allowed myself a wry smile when the keeper booted the ball straight into touch and immediately the ‘Kick it Out’ sign appeared on the big screens at the Trent End. Not entirely sure that’s what was meant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Although I allowed myself a wry smile when the keeper booted the ball straight into touch and immediately the ‘Kick it Out’ sign appeared on the big screens at the Trent End. Not entirely sure that’s what was meant.
I missed that. If anyone has that on a video clip it would make a tremendous GIF :lol:

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
We (me and 3 of my boys) were next to the divider thing. The general fury and vitriol provoked by de zerbi/our celebrations was a joy to behold as they filed past on way out. but one of them aimed a limp wrist gesture at us and got vigorously hoiked out by the police immediately. The policeman had a decent camera attached to him so sure he'll get consequences. Great to see that.
I had another fan saying well done on the way out. I thought he was taking the piss but it was genuine. Then another one saying that we Brighton fans should be ashamed of ourselves (assume because of his bitter view of the celebration) Then I had several kissy kissy noises aimed at me on the way to the car which greatly confused my 9 yr old.
I remarked last year they were a great bunch and I happily had a few drinks surrounded by them after but saw a load of them in their true colours this time and surprised and disappointed by how many wheeled out the standard issue homophobic gestures etc

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A Nottingham Forest season ticket holder who attended Saturday's Premier League game against Brighton says the extent of homophobic abuse from fans resulted in "the worst situation I've had at a football match".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isn’t it just easier to report which games don’t see homophobic abuse being aimed at us these days?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Isn’t it just easier to report which games don’t see homophobic abuse being aimed at us these days?
Genuinely can't remember the last time I personally witnessed it, definitely reduced somewhat in last few seasons. I don't tend to stare at or even acknowledge the opposition fans much though but I do go to most of our away games. Also never standing close to the away fans so perhaps why

Maybe Leeds last season or before but can't think of other occasions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here