Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic abuse by Fulham fans yesterday

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apropos of this thread, I can only imagine the abuse Keegan's team got for playing in this kit. The faces of the Barca players says it all. Just look at those collars, I've never seen collars that long on a football shirt ever.

e13tah.png

Calling [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] - have you seen this kit before?

Blimey, no I hadn't, and now I can't unsee it!

There's a few from that era here, but not that one http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/h/hamburg/old-hamburg-football-shirts-t557.html

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Also, on the whole "Does your boyfriend" chant, I've often wondered how well it would be received if we were to have a banner at away games, or home games for that matter, stating

"Yes, our boyfriends, girlfriends, wives and husbands know we're here"

I think (not sure) that it was Fulham who turned up at Bolton last season with a banner that said "Yes, this is all we take away" :)

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Best retort i heard on saturday was 'your just shit rent boys for chelsea'

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What is, or is not, considered "abuse" will be down to the individual. To me, personally, the "boyfriend know you're here" and "see you holding hands" chants are to be laughed at. We have the brilliant "you're too ugly to be gay" riposte. That is a world away from directing real homophobic abuse at an individual or small group (as witnessed at Falmer station when a couple of Millwall morons targeted a dad with young kids with homophobic abuse (when of course the OB did nothing! No surprise there eh?))

No idea what was being sung/shouted on Saturday. Fulham fans, if they were singing, were whispering the words. But if it was just for singing the songs then it was a massive over-reaction by stewards and OB. Anything else and they were probably fair game.

As to the post earlier in the thread that a gay Brighton fan wont attend games at the Amex because of the homophobic abuse they get from Brighton fans.........Nah!

But I'm still puzzled at reluctance of gay players to come out. Do they really think that in the current age with our laws as they are, that they still need to hide away?

Be out!! Be proud!! As Gareth Thomas discovered there never was anything to worry about. Everybody loved him just the same.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
What is, or is not, considered "abuse" will be down to the individual. To me, personally, the "boyfriend know you're here" and "see you holding hands" chants are to be laughed at. We have the brilliant "you're too ugly to be gay" riposte.

'don't knock it 'till you try it' seemed to shut PNE up at their ground a few years back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here